Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Getting Traffice advice

Hello everyone,

I have a site that has been around for over a year, however I had to have it revamped because it was a turnkey site I purchased. Totally has a new look and appeal now. I do have affiliates all related to my niche - work at home, but not any sales. The past six months has been a lot put into the site and SEO and SMM as well. I know it takes time. I wondered about paid traffic. Anyone have experience with that? Just curious.

I know honest writing and research and time, tends to bring the best...

Thanks very much!

Blessings,
Iris
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2016, 08:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Paid traffic is the quickest way to get results. Just beware of poor quality traffic sources.

Their are a number of paid traffic types. Google Adwords is an example. I've had some luck with solo ads myself, and I've come to prefer them. But again, I've run across some scams in that area. It's easy to lose your money if you aren't careful.

Do some research before you commit.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Getting Traffic

Ok. Thanks very much for the reply. I am aware of adwords and ppc. I have just noticed buying a certain amount of traffic and was curious. If anyone can PM me trusted sites. I will take a look.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Just sent you a PM. Good luck with your efforts.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:11 PM
Banned

Default Getting Traffic Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablessedwm View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a site that has been around for over a year, however I had to have it revamped because it was a turnkey site I purchased. Totally has a new look and appeal now. I do have affiliates all related to my niche - work at home, but not any sales. The past six months has been a lot put into the site and SEO and SMM as well. I know it takes time. I wondered about paid traffic. Anyone have experience with that? Just curious.

I know honest writing and research and time, tends to bring the best...

Thanks very much!

Blessings,
Iris
Hi, all I know also is SEO to be able to get rankings. Others are correct here that paid advertising are good. I've read positive reviews about it. However, it really takes patience to see your site level up. A business to become stable is from 2 to 5 years of waiting period.

Last edited by bumphead; 06-21-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Are you targeting keywords with too many competition? Try long tail ones and see if you get better results. Are you search engine optimized?
Old 06-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

With paid advertising you don't need to bother much with SEO. Since you're placing an ad that links to your sales page, or opt in page, your results are pretty much immediate either way.

By tracking the response rates you know if people are clicking through to your landing page, and you know your conversion rates. Those rates will tell you if your marketing content is successful, and they'll tell you if you need to make some changes.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Guest posting on a site relating to your niche can help.

But it doesn't appear you're capturing traffic either. You should consider an opt-in for a free and helpful resource. For example, when someone signs up at my website, the get a strategy guide on quickly earning/budgeting to get an extra $2k a month. I use Mailchimp for this. Then I can email my audience whenever I have a new post or update. :-)
Old 06-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Registered WAHM

Hmmm.... good point, but I wouldn't recommend advertising unless she has a paid product or a sign-up bonus. It looks like this website is using affiliate marketing as an income stream - which takes time to develop.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:25 AM
WAHM Regular

I have found writing articles on LinkedIn helps build awareness of one's web site, another option is to write articles that 'helps' with problems especially money matters, write about most 'popular' topics (parenting) and write an article that relates to a popular bloggers' own article, email them so they know and they may just link back to you.