Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Launching new website

I don't really know where to post this. So here it goes... I'm thinking of starting a website/blog for parents looking to adopt and parents who placed a child up for adoption. I placed my son up for adoption about 14 years ago. Ive made peace with my choice but the emotions don't go away. The reason I want to do this:
- I want other moms to have a place to go to
- I think it would be therapeutic for me
- I want to build something I'm proud of
- I don't want others to feel alone like I did
- I want people to see the beauty of adoption
- I truly believe it's a passion of mine
- I want to be resourceful
- I care!

So with that being said... I don't necessarily want to profit off of anyone. But I do want to at least have some small income maybe from affiliates or books? I can't really think of what kind of affiliate links I could add to make a small profit. I also thought about having a section for profiles of parents looking to adopt on my website. However I need to some how make sure they are screened because I don't want to put just anyone on my website or maybe working with adoption agencies (of course with the permission of the potential parents).

If I did a non profit website could I still have affiliate links?

I have the creating a website part handled. I have designed several websites throughout the years. So that will be the easy part.

Anyone have any thoughts or tips? Anyone run a successful blog/site?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Super WAHM

My money comes from my own products, but maybe you should do like Amazon affiliate links or other affiliate programs where appropriate. Maybe the Google Ads that pop up on the side. I'm not a technical person so I'm not sure how to make those work except on Blogger.

Maybe ads from sponsors like family therapists or adoption agencies?

Those are my initial thoughts.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Affiliate Marketing for a Website/Blog/Forum is definitely the way to go to earn some income. And in your case you can use Affiliate Marketing to advertise products, e-books, etc that are related to Adoption or Child Care. There is subtle and stylish ways to use Affiliate Marketing that include embedding affiliate links within your blogs as well.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:30 PM
WAHM Regular

@TheLaakGroup I can't even think of what type of affiliate I could use on my website/blog that is related to adoption. I can only think of books.

Do you know what affiliate programs would be best for my type of blog? If you have any recommendations please share if you don't mind.
Thanks so much!
Old 02-19-2016, 08:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra View Post
@TheLaakGroup I can't even think of what type of affiliate I could use on my website/blog that is related to adoption. I can only think of books.

Do you know what affiliate programs would be best for my type of blog? If you have any recommendations please share if you don't mind.
Thanks so much!
Your advertisements on your website wouldn't necessarily have to be just about adoption. For instance, you can put some ads on their related to child education like ABCMouse.com or advertise toys with Toys R Us coupons, anything related to child care in general.

If you haven't yet, I recommend creating an affiliate account on any affiliate marketing network site. There are tons but for starters go to Commision Junction. Once you sign in, you can go to a dashboard where you can search for companies that offer affiliate programs. Search by using keywords such as child care, adoption, etc.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-21-2016, 04:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Affiliate

Yeah, The affiliate links don't necessary need to be about adoption but it should be related to children and babies. Google Ad words is a good start too, Pretty straight forward since you can pick what you want to show. I think building the site on Wordpress would also help with more options since they have a massive amount of plugins.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Donations

Due to the nature of the content and business, and your having reservations profiting off it, perhaps look into grant writing and applying as a non-for-profit. You can always ask for donations to keep the content going. Many political pundits do this and gain monthly subscribers even if it's $1/month.

Also, promote it everywhere your target market is. As with anything, keep at it and have patience.