Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Default How to Effectively Market on Facebook

I have been marketing my Online Business for about a year now and I have discovered that Facebook is probably the best Social Media site to market on. Twitter has 271 million monthly active users but, impressive as that number is, it’s only about one-fifth of the size of Facebook, which boasts an eye-popping 1.3 billion users. Facebook also has the edge over Twitter when it comes to revenue, earning over ten times as much revenue in 2015.

So, as many are aware, Marketing your business on Facebook is simply a no-brainer. When it comes to Social Media Marketing, the first thing anyone does is creates a Facebook Business page. Now obviously you invite all of your friends and family to like your page and hope they share to their friends to help spread the word ..but what next? There is way more that you can do to get targeted leads visiting your Facebook Page and your website. In this blog, I want to show you some marketing tips I have been using on Facebook to generate tons of traffic to my Facebook page and to my websites..and best of all it’s all FREE!

1. Command traffic by visiting and advertising on other high volume Facebook pages. Some of you out there might not like this type of advertising but trust me, it works. Think of it like putting your web link in a signature in a popular forum you visit, where you post helpful tips or respond to someone’s inquires and with it a link back to your website. A majority of my traffic from Facebook comes from putting a link or a picture that links back to my Facebook page or website. What I do is search for Facebook groups and pages that are related to my niche and have tons of likes. I will give them a like in hopes that they return the favor but also I will scan through their recent posts looking for ones with a lot of likes or shares and just casually reply or add a comment in the comments section. So when more people visit, like, and share that post or page, more people will see my link, picture, name, or logo and be inclined to click, possibly go back to my Facebook page and to my website. Take it a step further and answer people’s questions and respond to other comments. This can help you build rapport with other client’s/customers.

2. Join niche-related Facebook Groups. There are plenty of Facebook groups out there related to your niche. There are local Buy, Sell, and Trade groups where you can list your products and business. This is also where you can join in on like-minded people in conversation which is a great way to network, generate likes to your Facebook page, and bring traffic to your website.

3. Post likable/shareable content. This is essentially the most powerful way to use Social Media in getting traffic to your business. This may be obvious to some, but I am often shocked at how many people will just spam their Facebook page with just pictures of their products. The key to getting eyes on your Facebook page is to have an engaging audience who will comment, like, and share your content. Marketing is a numbers game and the more people viewing your products, the higher the chances you get sales. Following the 70/20/10 rule is a must for proper marketing on Facebook:
•70% Creating your own Shareable Content: This can be done via writing informative blogs and videos. Not only post them on your own Facebook Page but share the informative information in the Facebook Groups you joined that are related to your niche. This is what gets targeted leads back to your website, especially if you are consistent and establish yourself as a leader in your niche. Examples of some shareable content: Top 10 Lists, Surveys, Blogs, Videos, or Questionnaires.
•20 % Sharing or Commenting on Other Posts: This can be niche-related news, events or other posts you may like. As mentioned before, engage people and replies in their comments sections to create traffic back to your own page or site.
•10% Promoting Products: The last 10% of your marketing should include the products. This includes pictures, prices, sales, discounts, etc. This may seem like a small amount for product promotion but fact the of the matter is, people don’t like to be sold. You will have more success marketing your products by first creating likable and shareable content to establish trust among your potential customers.

4. Use Automation Tools to help manage. Once you get the hang of how Social Media Marketing works, start utilizing automation tools out there that can make your job easier. There are some automation tools, like Hootsuite and Buffer, which have basic free versions that will allow you to schedule posts and link some of your Social Media Accounts onto their platform. The paid versions allow you access to more features. They will help you schedule posts and monitor all of your Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and more. If you are a startup and/or you want to market on a shoe string budget, use the free versions of the tools until you start gaining more income to invest in more features and advertisement. I also really like a neat program I found last year called Around.io. This isn’t free however but you can get a 7 day trial and after that its $9/month for the basic plan. I really love the layout and simplicity of this tool compared to Hootsuite or Buffer and recommend that if you have money to invest in more Automation features, check out Around.io.

5. Be Consistent. The last thing I want to reiterate is to be consistent with your Social Media Marketing. Take at least an hour out of each day to check in on your Facebook page. View your statistics, see who liked your page, and reply to comments. I would recommend to update your shareable content as much as you can but no less then twice a week.

In conclusion, there are some simple, free, and effective ways to advertise on Social Media. Facebook is, in my opinion, the king of advertising since pretty much anyone with an internet connection has a Facebook page. The old days of cold calling are dead and Social Media Marketing is the best way to get people looking at your products and business. Sure there are still plenty of other methods but using Social Media Marketing to drive traffic to your websites should be at the top of the list.

Last edited by TheLaakGroup; 02-18-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Grand WAHM

Great advice! Traffic from social media is often high quality traffic.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:21 AM
WHAM Me You

Default 2 more additional tips

While Facebook needs no introduction, I do hope that these stats will convince you of the potential of using it as a tool of business growth. If you’re trying to figure out how to do so, let me add these tips:

1. Content

I’m sure you’ve heard of the saying ‘content is king‘. That is only partially true and, in my honest opinion, content and community needs to co-exist.

If you want to grow your business with Facebook, you have to be constantly adding value and engagement on your page. Good content would certainly help you to do that, but good content is wasted and ineffective if you don’t have a supportive community to broadcast your content to.

Start by growing a community before you start promoting. The reason to do so is because you have to build trust within your community, and your community need to trust that you would broadcast useful content that will add value to them. People will only buy from you when they have trusted your business.

2. Freebies

Who doesn’t LOVE freebies? I know I do! A few months ago, according to Exact Target, 36% of consumers likes a fan page to receive a freebie or a sample.

Here is a personal story:
A few weeks ago, I was searching for photoshop actions to help me improve my photoshop-ing skills. A photoshop action is ‘pre-set editing’ and one can simply click a button to have a photo edited according to the settings.

I then stumbled upon Paint the Moon website and soon discovered that they were giving away free photoshop actions for those who like their Facebook page. It didn’t take me long to go onto their page to like their page to download the freebie.

So, Hope this helps guys
Old 02-10-2016, 07:20 AM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up Great Info

Thanks for sharing the value, great information...Fb marketing has always been my biggest challenge although it is most popular. I have other faves but after reading this I will try to improve when it comes to fb marketing. Also, I'm so on board when it comes to developing "Social/ Relationship" which definitely comes first in this day and age...Again I appreciate your awesome value.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Thank you!

Great advice! Thanks for putting this list together!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Super WAHM

These are great tips for Facebook.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Excellent Advice! Thank you!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Great advice, thanks for sharing
Old 04-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for sharing, I've been looking at getting into facebook to promote my business. This will help a lot!
Old 04-02-2016, 09:55 PM
WAHM Regular

These are great tips .
Thanks for sharing.

Tags
facebook, social media, social media marketing