Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Using Social Media to promote your business

I have already reserved names for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter...

But, I'm not really sure how to best utilize this apps to promote my DS business. Any advice would be appreciated. Please share any pros/cons, tips, etc.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2016, 12:34 AM
WHAM Me You

I would greatly advice to have some research.
Do anything you think is right, do an experiment, you may fail at first
but the best part is that you'll learn form your mistakes and that will lead you to your success.
Piece of advice, set up a G+ profile for your business.

Last edited by edward222; 01-11-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:46 PM
Registered WAHM

I think the key to social media is good content and being consistent...I am terrible with the latter part - LOL!!!! I am working on that part ;-)
Old 01-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Registered WAHM

Lightbulb

Consistency will be key and also consider answering this question anytime you post to social media - "What problem is my product solving?" Once you have the answer to this, you can work your post around that mindset.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Super WAHM

I agree with consistency and be friendly and engaging, and share good information relating to your service or product. Good luck,and I'll be happy to give you a FB and Twitter follow if you share the names here.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Like others have said, it is being consistent, getting followers/likes, and making sure to keep them engaged.

The more engaging your content, the more likely people are to interact with your page. That will greatly impact placement in the Facebook news food, for example.

If more people are interacting, Facebook's algorithm's will see your page as high quality and show it in more people's news feeds. That, in turn, will get your business more exposure and potentially even more engagement.

Alternately, you can pay for this on Facebook. You can create an ad with one of a few goals: increase your number of page likes, increase the reach of a specific post/picture/etc., and send people to your website under your business page name.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Registered WAHM

I'd read blog posts and consider joining Digital Marketer | Marketing Strategies That Actually Work

They have a LOT of great ways to promote your business using FB, Twitter, YT, pretty much everything online.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Social media is great for building a community of raving fans but you have to provide value and content FIRST before asking for a sale. A great speaker/author to follow is Gary Vaynerchuck. He's the go-to guy when it comes to social media.

here's a couple of his books I'd recommend:

Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World: Gary Vaynerchuk: 8601404233272: Amazon.com: Books

http://www.amazon.com/Thank-You-Econ...ary+vaynerchuk

However it's pretty tough to put an ROI (return on investment) value on social media. If you're looking for direct measureable sales, you're better off buying ads that bring people to your sales page/checkout page.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Social Media Platforms are good if you want to schedule your Tweets, Facebook or Linkin messages in advance. There is a platform called Hootsuite and another called Buffer. Both of these platforms allow you to sign up for a free account and only upgrade when you are ready. I usually schedule my messages to go out about three times a week. I limit how often I send out messages because I do not want to be accused of spamming or sending out messages too often to my followers. If I have a special going on pertaining to my online business, I will send that out or if I run across some information that I think my followers would be interested in, I send that out. Also most platforms have videos that show you how their platform work and how to schedule a post in advance. Hope what I've shared have been of some help.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:07 AM
Super WAHM

Default Instagram

Isn't this just a picture sharing site? How does this work in promoting your business if it is a call center type thing?