Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Business Advice and Topics

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Toy business

I just had a baby (9 months ago) and I am surprised at all the junk that is out there! The quality of toys has gone down the drain! It's so sad! I have a 17 year old and the toys back then were built well and were educational! I bought my baby 2 toys (he's got others but mostly stuff animals) that were electronic and they have given out on us and we paid good money for them. They weren't cheapy's ! What has happened with the toy industry? Are there any companies out there that sell educational toys that aren't electronic? Like the good old fashioned ones.
I'm looking for someone who sells toys and if I like them I may consider signing up to sell them. I'm tired of shopping at the store only to find junk!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Awesome WAHM

You may want to research Discovery Toys and Simply Fun .
Old 12-01-2015, 04:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default disappearing

There are companies out there that still offer educational and good old fashioned wooden toys, but you do have to search to find them.

Try Google-ing Educational Toys, Learning Toys, Wooden Toys.

We would consider it to be a real niche area to offer educational and wooden toys and products and definitely something very appealing to parents.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Banned

Baby toy business is really a fun work and in this their are lots of opportunities.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Discovery Toys

Did you ever find info about Discovery Toys? I can answer questions for you if you have any.

Michelle S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugsmom View Post
I just had a baby (9 months ago) and I am surprised at all the junk that is out there! The quality of toys has gone down the drain! It's so sad! I have a 17 year old and the toys back then were built well and were educational! I bought my baby 2 toys (he's got others but mostly stuff animals) that were electronic and they have given out on us and we paid good money for them. They weren't cheapy's ! What has happened with the toy industry? Are there any companies out there that sell educational toys that aren't electronic? Like the good old fashioned ones.
I'm looking for someone who sells toys and if I like them I may consider signing up to sell them. I'm tired of shopping at the store only to find junk!

Last edited by txstraub; 01-18-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:56 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi, there! You may want to see and check some ideas of educational toys such as board games. I also had a hard time for my kid giving him a toy because he only spends time on his iPad which is really not good. I've found some educational stuff at https://www.kidstoystop.com/best-board-games-for-kids/. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2017, 03:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Do a search on ebay and amazon maybe? I do find quite a lot of good ideas there