Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Super WAHM

Smile How Do You Manage Your Social Media Time?

I'm finding keeping consistent with my social media posting and interactions a challenge.

I'm after advice on how other online business people manage their social media as I believe it to be a personal thing so to hire someone to manage it for you takes the 'personal' and the 'you' out of it.

Did you select just a couple of platforms you resonate with that you know your niches hangout in where you can add value?

I know I have my finger in so many pies as I love aspects of them all but I do know that this can be and possibly is the cause for my inconsistency so how do you choose which one/s are the right ones to stick with? And should I just cut myself right off the ones I eliminate to save the grief and maintain focused attention on the chosen couple?

Which social media platforms do you value the most for business activity?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 PM
WAHM Regular

I guess your Title scared em off! LoL
Probably because we all deal with the same issues. Too many social sites and only ONE of us!
I try to use Buffer as much as possible so my posts go to multiple social sites at once.
Also, when I make a youtube video I use all the share options under the video, so that makes for a lot of posts.
Facebook posts auot post to Twitter...I can't remember how I set that up.

INstagram posts also go out to twitter and facebook...

Open to any other miracle tools out there!
Old 12-12-2014, 05:25 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks LorraineP,

Yes, guess my title must of scared everyone away. Your tips are pretty much what I do. Is Buffer kind of like Hootsuite? I just googled but will write it down and have a better look tomorrow. Might be worth investigating again although from what I am learning, FB scheduler is pretty alright to use these days and I share from Instagram to FB etc...
Old 12-12-2014, 05:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I have a daily schedule of what to do an how to do it.. Have you ever created something like that? I spin my tires if I don't list all I want to do in a day..
Old 12-12-2014, 05:36 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I just added it to my Fanpage (my middle link in my signature) You can check it out, like and comment.. and share if you think it could help others

Jen
Old 12-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Super WAHM

Wink Facebook

Hi New Leaf,

I have just connected with you on Facebook so we can swap social media hints and tips there too
Old 12-13-2014, 10:23 AM
Super WAHM

I have been having the same troubles. I'm a crafter so it's twice as hard for me. I need my time to create my soaps. So far this is what I do. Once I'm done editing the pictures of my products, I set them up with buffer. The buffer send my posts out to twitter, facebook, indeed and google +. This way the only time I have to personally interact is when I get a response to my post from buffer. I post them to my facebook page, then I go back and tag people and share the post to my personal facebook page. I max my buffer out every couple of days. You can set a schedule for when the post go out. You have to determine how offen you what to post and when. My biggest issue is with my youtube channel for now. I need more time for editing and uploading and I'm finding I have less energy for that.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Super WAHM

Hi badmammajdollar,

Thanks for your post. I really must take a better look at buffer today and will do just that!! May be part of the answer to my frustrations!!
You will see me on your FB and youtube page as being on both those platforms myself it is awesome to see the work others are doing there. My hubby has been making little soaps with our daughter recently from one of those kits you can get for kids so it is awesome to watch your videos making the 'real deal'! Some of your soaps look good enough to eat! (not that I would )
I love the You Tube platform too, it is time-consuming though so I hear ya! FUN though and rewarding once you get it there. You have quite a lot of views which is awesome!!!
~ Robyn
Old 12-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered WAHM

I try to have a good ide of how much work needs to be done each night before I go to bed, then I have a really good idea of how much "spare" time I"m going to have on any given day, light days I will allow myself a lot of social media time and I will schedule in posts for the future on those days too. On days that are heavily scheduled I won't log on at all until I'm done, and then I might spend my "down time" in the evening reposnding to people and following etc. I try never to start the day with SM because once a day starts like that, it's so hard to make it stop (oh did anyone respond to that question, what did so'n'so reply etc)
Old 12-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired.robyn View Post
Hi badmammajdollar,

Thanks for your post. I really must take a better look at buffer today and will do just that!! May be part of the answer to my frustrations!!
You will see me on your FB and youtube page as being on both those platforms myself it is awesome to see the work others are doing there. My hubby has been making little soaps with our daughter recently from one of those kits you can get for kids so it is awesome to watch your videos making the 'real deal'! Some of your soaps look good enough to eat! (not that I would )
I love the You Tube platform too, it is time-consuming though so I hear ya! FUN though and rewarding once you get it there. You have quite a lot of views which is awesome!!!
~ Robyn
Thanks so much for the support Robyn. It took a lot of studying, and studying and research and more studying to get me to this point. Kuddos to your husband for trying. Making soap is so much fun and rewarding indeed. Unfortunately, Melt and pour is not my favorite. There is just as much of a learning curve as there is with the soaps in my video. One day I will master it.

Honestly, I don't know where I would be with my Buffer. To many platforms to get to, no time to neglect any of them.

Tags
effective social media, social marketing, social media