Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahCarling View Post
I try to have a good ide of how much work needs to be done each night before I go to bed, then I have a really good idea of how much "spare" time I"m going to have on any given day, light days I will allow myself a lot of social media time and I will schedule in posts for the future on those days too. On days that are heavily scheduled I won't log on at all until I'm done, and then I might spend my "down time" in the evening reposnding to people and following etc. I try never to start the day with SM because once a day starts like that, it's so hard to make it stop (oh did anyone respond to that question, what did so'n'so reply etc)
Great advice SarahCarling!
No SM until my other tasks are done and if I have my posts heavily scheduled then it is a no-brainer!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Super WAHM

Great question I would focus on where your target audience is & focus on that. Once you have that established, flowing smoothly, etc. maybe add another component. I like hootsuite, as I can plan out my posts for the week {I do this on Sundays} & then let it post on it's own. When I'm on social media, I can then interact, reply, etc. Hope some of this helps.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Miss

When I don't have the time, I'd schedule my tweets with tweeter. There's a program for that online. It's called the futuretweets.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Super WAHM

Default Buffer and Reach Stats

For those of you using Buffer, do you find lower People Reach when you Buffer post compared to live posting and sharing?
Old 01-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired.robyn View Post
For those of you using Buffer, do you find lower People Reach when you Buffer post compared to live posting and sharing?
Well fact is facebook is going through a transition. They are all about the money now, so I don't think it will matter what platform you use to submit posts. The important factor for reach is interaction. How often if the post liked, commented on and shared. This will determine your reach better. If it helps, buffer does send a periodic report via email to let you know how well your posts are doing.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:20 AM
Super WAHM

Wink Re: Post Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmammajdollar View Post
Well fact is facebook is going through a transition. They are all about the money now, so I don't think it will matter what platform you use to submit posts. The important factor for reach is interaction. How often if the post liked, commented on and shared. This will determine your reach better. If it helps, buffer does send a periodic report via email to let you know how well your posts are doing.
Yep, have noticed big changes since 2015 rolled in with FB post reach. Not to worry. Still using Buffer and am cutting back on my posts as time needs to be spread around more anyway. Time to get back to my blogging and creating more of my own "value" to share. Quality over quantity. Even my brothers girlfriend noticed she's not seeing as much from my Biz page these days, its wasted energy better spent speaking to people more directly.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Default My Social Media Use

I spend most of my time on Facebook but I am trying out new social media sites. I also use tsu, Google+, Twitter, and Instagram.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:11 PM
WAHM Regular

I spend far too much time on social media with out being productive. Something I have to change very soon
Old 01-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Social Media

I was so relieved to find someone else asking this question! I have always wanted to know the answer to that question. I am 51 so I am not as "tech fast" as I would like to be. I have avoided social media because of time management with them. I haven't had a clue! This information was helpful. Also helpful to know it is a dilemma for more than me. Do you use your phone for all of the sites also?
Old 01-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up Yes It's A Challenge

I agree finding time to hit all those medias and then spend a bit of family time is and can be a challenge. However, there are a few sites that's were created simply due to this problem. You are able to combine all yr medias on the site then set the times you would like yr generated message to go to each sit and the bots will deliver the posts for you.

However, I think there might be a glitch in that system, if you don't set things up right as far as the frequency for the posts to be posted on a particular site; You might see more than one post on the roll. Of-course, this will appear as spam, which is out-lawed in the social media world. So guess you'll kinda have to know what you're doing.

So there are tools created for problems of this nature out there. Also, another suggestion, that might work a bit. If you narrow down the social medias sites to like maybe a few or less...one even: You will have more time to perfect that one. It's like it's hard to be the best at everything but it's easier to be the best at something...if that makes any sense.

Last edited by Bevel; 01-18-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Tags
effective social media, social marketing, social media