Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:56 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default How many businesses do are you involved in? Active or not.

I just asked this question on Facebook and was really surprised at the amount of people who are currently working more than one business. So I thought I would ask it here too.
I personally only do one and that takes up all of my time, which I work only from home.
If you have more than one business do you also have a job too?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am involved in 1 business (see my signature line)... and it's been my baby. Started as a hobby a long long long long long time ago... but has now become a registered LLC business. I'm proud of the progress
Old 11-26-2014, 07:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default That is Awesome!

I bet you are so very proud as you should be. I am off to check out your links!
Congrats!
Old 11-28-2014, 10:51 PM
WAHM Regular

I have tried lots of home businesses over the years but I have always had my "hobby" that I did on the side.

Now it is my main biz that I focus all my energy on.I don't work outside of the home and so am trying to market more aggressively and get out of my comfort zone.

It is hard..but I think it's the only way to get new customers and grow

Rhonda
Old 11-29-2014, 06:36 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Marketing can be a challenge no matter what.
Part of my business is marketing, so doing it for my clients and for my business is fun. Each has its own target so it never boring! . I love doing it and love getting the "Thank you" emails. It helps me stay motivated! Finding that "balance" is also a challenge, but I love it!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:30 PM
WAHM Addict

rbarrett68 your work is absolutely beautiful/amazing. I really like it and hope that you're proud of it
Old 12-03-2014, 01:35 PM
WAHM Regular

This is a very good, and often needed to be asked, question.

On paper, I am involved in 4 businesses, but for this scenario to be long term effective I have to focus primarily on one business I run on my own and a second business my mate and I run together.

I am a professional voice over talent, so it is a bit unique in that I don't have to buy/sell physical inventory. However, it has been increasingly challenging as my mate and I's business has gone from a baby, to a toddler, to a small child.

ONE is best, if you really want to reach your goals of building wealth, then you joint venture from there.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:20 PM
WAHM Master

Technically two, howeverI am really only focused on one right now. I have a small hairbow/crochet business but do not have time to actively make items for inventory, so mostly do just special orders now from referrals I get. The second is my Jamberry business, I focus on it because I don't have to physically make the wraps and such and can spend the time building relationships with clients and marketing the business. I love craft, so it's more of a hobby with some perks of sales along the way
Old 12-03-2014, 03:24 PM
BUSINESS CONSULTANT

Default MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS is NEW NORMAL

Good question,

In my case, I came in when it was mandates to work only one program, but I learned early on this was a greedy motivation by upline and company, and for obvious reasons. When you devote your time and effort to one, and it crashes, the lesson is ever lasting.

I had worked a year plus building a business, and it was approaching six figures, and it all went up in smoke due to some bad press over supposed death of someone using product. Needless to say, with so many MLM haters, it collapsed and company barely stay alived, they were cleared, but the damage was done and I moved on.

Now I work several businesses as the internet makes it much different than the old days. If one goes south for any reason, my income does not. Some say you should focus on one, but I can focus on more than one and have for a dozen years with great success. One of my businesses is totally hands off, I live off of residuals alone, and that is what I focus on, businesses which have products whicn sell themselves and are recession proof, simple strategy which works great for me. Free to low cost businesses can grow on their own merits, and I love residual income streams.

Success to all,

Last edited by ORGANIC-DIRECT; 12-03-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:37 AM
WAHM Master

1 ... Personally I would rather have one successful business than several that are just semi -successful

Tags
multiple businesses, work from home