Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Lightbulb Home Party Tips

I am new to the home party business, and working to build my client list. Anyone have any tips on how to do this?

In addition to home parties, I am looking at local vendor fairs - with the fall and holiday season upon us, I'm finding that there are a ton of gift shows coming up through the beginning of December. Any tips on what I should take with me to these fairs? I don't want to buy too much product up front to physically sell at the event and thought I'd promote catalog sales on site but that seems so finicky to me. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2014, 03:52 AM
WAHM Regular

If you have website then you can promote your products through SEO, SMM, SEM.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Great tips, thank you James I actually spent a majority of my night working on SEO. Very time consuming, but I am sure worth it!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Health and Business Coach

Not sure what your product is but just make sure you research the vendor event to make sure it would be a good fit for what you sell. I have build most of my business asking for referrals from friends and people I meet. Most people want to help others so when you ask them for a referral and they feel like you aren't trying to sell them something they are very open to help. Everyone knows someone who would be a good fit for your business.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendim17 View Post
Great tips, thank you James I actually spent a majority of my night working on SEO. Very time consuming, but I am sure worth it!
You are welcome. I agree with you. It is time consuming, but it gives you great results.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Default info

I always have drawing slips for people to fill out. It has their basic info but also ask about a party and joining my team. Some people don't realize that they can actually have our business and won't ask questions... but this will help to break that barrier.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendim17 View Post
I am new to the home party business, and working to build my client list. Anyone have any tips on how to do this?

In addition to home parties, I am looking at local vendor fairs - with the fall and holiday season upon us, I'm finding that there are a ton of gift shows coming up through the beginning of December. Any tips on what I should take with me to these fairs? I don't want to buy too much product up front to physically sell at the event and thought I'd promote catalog sales on site but that seems so finicky to me. Thoughts?

Ok first thing, do not go to these events/vender shows expecting to make sales. Been there and done that. This should be used as a marketing tool/lead generation. Take a sign in sheet, talk to people and follow up. You don't have to break the bank to have on hand inventory. Take enough product for customers to see, smell, touch, whatever and take orders and have them shipped to the customer. If home parties is your thing, then keep it to that. This was the mistake I made in a previous business. Also, do your homework on the events before signing up. This is a business for the event creator as well. Their job is to make money off of you, so make sure they have put together a sound event.