Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Default wahm in progress needing suggestions/advice

Hi! I am currently at home with my two kids and my husband who is in the army. I do direct sales, but right now it isn't enough for supplementary income. I am working on an associate's in business and do not have any other degrees. Finding a job outside the home isn't very realistic right now, esp since my son is a breast fed infant. I also have a dream to have my own business. But we need extra income for me to get there. Anyone else who started out working from home with no degree? I love to write, shop, etc. So i wondered about how simple it is to get a job as a blogger without a degree or as a mystery shopper. I also thought about looking into being a virtual assistant. I would also love doing graphic design, but have no education with that. Basically, what kind of at home jobs don't require a degree besides telemarketing and direct sales? Thanks for any and all help . Feel free to pm me as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Grand WAHM

Anyone can start their own blog or site. You need to put up some good content and the trick is getting traffic to that site or blog and monetizing it.

There are a lot of positions listed in the Telecommuting section of the forum and many are customer service related. Any experience you have working with people might be helpful.

There are also many ways to make money online too that are not considered to be traditional type jobs.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklepuddles View Post
Hi! I am currently at home with my two kids and my husband who is in the army. I do direct sales, but right now it isn't enough for supplementary income. I am working on an associate's in business and do not have any other degrees. Finding a job outside the home isn't very realistic right now, esp since my son is a breast fed infant. I also have a dream to have my own business. But we need extra income for me to get there. Anyone else who started out working from home with no degree? I love to write, shop, etc. So i wondered about how simple it is to get a job as a blogger without a degree or as a mystery shopper. I also thought about looking into being a virtual assistant. I would also love doing graphic design, but have no education with that. Basically, what kind of at home jobs don't require a degree besides telemarketing and direct sales? Thanks for any and all help . Feel free to pm me as well.
Okay so for me when I started online (moving it from a bit of part time income to a serious business) I did outsourcing. Then used the outsourcing income to then build a passive online income.

So look at your skills and get some work online by the hour - look at places like Elance, Odesk, Freelancer and get earning.

Get some regular clients and then build up your income.

For example I started out by writing for clients to bring in some money while working on an internet marketing blog business.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the input! I'm looking into those things. I'm gonna start looking in the concentration specific threads for more info on each of those, especially the blogging. I'll check those websites, too.

Appreciate the tips so much!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Registered WAHM

When people talk about work from home, they are either referring to working as an employee for a company but able to work from home or run their own business from home. Jobs are jobs even if you do it from home. If you want freedom and utmost flexibility you may want to run your own business. Starting a blog, for instance is a way to go. If you can write for blog owners you can write for yourself and you don't need a degree.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2014, 04:58 AM
WAHM Master

I am guessing the majority of people that work from home do so without any degrees.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
I want to add that you don't need a degree to do graphic design. It's fairly easy to set up an Etsy shop or Ebay store to pedal digital goods like invitations and announcements for births, parties, etc. Unless you have a blog of your own with traffic that can benefit sponsors, it'll be difficult for you to make a living as a blogger in the short term. You may want to look for ghostblogging or freelance writing positions instead.

And, finally, mystery shopping is an easy way to make a few bucks, but you have to spend money to purchase an item first before you ever get paid. If you live in a rural area (as I do), the shopping opportunities may be few and far between.

The telecommuting folder is a great resource for new job leads, and lots of blogs post job leads, too. Hope that helps!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:24 PM
WAHM Fanatic

If you decide on blogging, make sure it's YOUR blog. I was blogging and using blogger and I was earning money on it thanks to adsense. I checked it the other day and it's gone. All that work and now it's gone including the money I had earned.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugsmom View Post
If you decide on blogging, make sure it's YOUR blog. I was blogging and using blogger and I was earning money on it thanks to adsense. I checked it the other day and it's gone. All that work and now it's gone including the money I had earned.
Did you ever find out what happened? Sorry to hear about that.