Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Free marketing suggestions

I am looking for some good sources of free marketing. I have a blog site and I would be willing to do a banner exchange. What are some other free sources? If anyone is interested in doing a banner exchange check out my site Dishing it up in my signature.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2014, 05:39 AM
Banned

To be honest, most sources of traffic are free. 1 to 1 banner exchanges are not really the best way to go - there are better ways to generate incoming traffic and such exchanges (1 to 1) really do you no SEO favors. If you do go the banner exchange route, consider this structure instead:

- Your site linked to friend's A site;
- Friend's B site linked to your site.

Better for both parties.

I'd suggest looking into free ways to generate blog traffic. Hundreds exist.

- Social networks
- Link Bait
- Seo (esp. longtails)
- Forums
- Etc
Old 08-25-2014, 10:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Here's a few of the basic ways to market online - Pick a few that sound the most fun to you (because it will become repetitious so better to like doing it regularly) - As each of these methods will produce results -- the real key is consistently taking action in promoting your business on a regular basis and becoming good at a few methods usually works better than spreading yourself too thin trying all of them.

Email Marketing
Social Media
Video Marketing
Article Writing/Marketing
High PR Backlinks
Directory Submittals
Guest Blogging
Press Releases
Forum Marketing
Search Engine Submittal
Traffic Exchanges
Ad Posting
Old 08-26-2014, 03:06 AM
WAHM Regular

The most successful blogs out there have never bothered with marketing and have literally got lots of high quality content on their blogs and put it on social media.

Then people have shared it, they have got lots of seo traffic and that is it!

For me personally I have not paid for any advertising and apart from blogging and social media all I do is a bit of forum commenting, social media commenting and a few you tube videos and that is it.

And I am currently getting 60,000 visitors a month.

Work on your content first and get lots of it out there and that is the best way you can take your blog forward.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Banned

mwldream makes a very good point. Content, now more than ever, is truly kind. (Although I like to think of it as Queen!) If you dig around for statistics on viral marketing and SEO, with regard content, you'll see that content provision is a complex beast compared to how it was even 18 months ago. More than mere writing is required for a typical page of content. Think images, videos, even audio.

I will add, however, that it would be a mistake, in my opinion, to ignore your traffic channels - both free and paid.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine L View Post
mwldream makes a very good point. Content, now more than ever, is truly kind. (Although I like to think of it as Queen!) If you dig around for statistics on viral marketing and SEO, with regard content, you'll see that content provision is a complex beast compared to how it was even 18 months ago. More than mere writing is required for a typical page of content. Think images, videos, even audio.

I will add, however, that it would be a mistake, in my opinion, to ignore your traffic channels - both free and paid.
Very true!

If you are writing 1 blog post a day and over a month 2 posts go viral (which is often the case for me) those 2 viral posts could easily be shared 2000 times each. Now if you think how much I would pay in PPC for the same traffic via Google ads for competitive weight loss keywords it would go into thousands and thousands of dollars.

I know more bloggers that never market but just do social media and content and put their heart and soul into their content. It does take longer to build but wow the results in the long term are huge.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Miss

Sites like amazines and Sooper Articles have active viewers. You can post articles there. Also, take advantage of the social media and other networks like pinterest and/or instagram. Make your presence felt on sites where people flock.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
To be honest, most sources of traffic are free. 1 to 1 banner exchanges are not really the best way to go - there are better ways to generate incoming traffic and such exchanges (1 to 1) really do you no SEO favors. If you do go the banner exchange route, consider this structure instead:

Better for both parties.

- Social networks
- Link Bait
- Seo (esp. longtails)
- Forums
- Etc
I do a combination of all the above except Link Bait....what is that? My site also has an affiliate program as well

Last edited by zbrandia; 09-10-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:40 AM
WAHM Regular

I totally agree with you. You gave a great suggestion.
Quote:

Better for both parties.

- Social networks
- Link Bait
- Seo (esp. longtails)
- Forums
- Etc
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Super WAHM

Do you ever need to do webinar style things for your blog? Like an online demonstration? If so, you might consider free or inexpensive online collaboration platforms.

Tags
banner exchange, blog