Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonmoon View Post
IBOToolBox is definitely one of my favorite. Their rating system is pretty sweet too, it keeps the community very active and bring in several leads. I rate them 10/10
Still trying to understand the ins & outs of IBOtoolbox... So far I've got Facebook, Pinterest & a personal site going (I post a new blog post daily regarding what's new with my business)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2014, 06:45 AM
WAHM Regular

I've found instagram and twitter to be most useful, but I'm also subscribed to facebook, linkedin, bbm and tumblr. I think the key is being signed up to as many as possible
Old 10-25-2014, 01:03 PM
WAHM Regular
WAHM Professional

Default All are necessary

Truly as a business grows the web presence becomes a full time job. If your business is dependent on being found online as an owner you have to leverage al of the methods discussed for a different purpose.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Super WAHM

You so do all of them, but I agree you should pace yourself. Do one for a couple of months build your presence then move to the next one and integrate the two and so and so forth. You can use tools such as buffer and store up posts to be posted for you while you work on other things.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:25 PM
WAHM Regular

For everyone, depending on who they are as the owner and what they are promoting, this answer will be different. In fact, you can own/run more than one stream of income, and social media will differ just depending on what you are offering and to what audience.

Let me offer two examples.

By trade, I am a professional voice talent. I have NO website, a facebook page, a Linkedin account, a YouTube account, and a Soundcloud account. What brings me the most listens is my soundcloud account, however, what brings me the most work is building relationships with people on Linkedin.

Together, my mate and I created a completely all natural skin care line. We have a website, a facebook page, a twitter account, an instagram account, and an etsy store. The vast majority of our exposure AND sales come via facebook, with them being redirected to select what they like from our website.

Now, I run the marketing and promotions for both. Marketing a voice and marketing a physical product are different, even when using identical platforms.

And understand, the metrics will change on what works best as your company grows!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:03 AM
WAHM Regular

I mostly use all of them but it can be difficult keeping them all up to date. That's my biggest problem.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrandia View Post
I mostly use all of them but it can be difficult keeping them all up to date. That's my biggest problem.
I have been using an app called Buffer. This way I can set up posts in advance and it will periodically post for me. So far, it's the only app that will post to Google + , which is why I choose this option. It's fairly easy to use, try it out.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Super WAHM

Question Re: FB ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermomlb View Post
I have found that mastering one at a time and integrating them works best. I believe it depends more so on the product or service you provide.

I am a social media manager and the page I helped to build and maintain went from 899 likes to close to 5000 in 2 months. The page owner boosted ads twice per week and would get 10-15 sales each time she boosted. That is a major success! She owns a makeup business and she also used Instagram.

I recommend linking them all together by creating a blog and you can tweet, share to facebook, and pin from it. And then use instagram and have it connected to Facebook.
Supermomlb,
Do you find it more effective to boost an ad post on Facebook than to do a FB ad campaign?
I have had success in build an audience with FB ads but not so good at creating leads.
My latest thought was to do more of a testimonial-type ad in my newsfeed and then boost it.
Curious to hear your thoughts?
Old 01-15-2015, 05:03 AM
WAHM Regular

I never heard of IBOToolBox. Will defo have to look at this
Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohlfs View Post
Which social media platform{s} do you use to promote your business? There are so many with facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, blogging & a personal site.....which ones have you found to be the most effective for your business?
I have found the two most effective to be Facebook and Pinterest - for me. My products that I sell rely so much on the visual, so Pinterest really speaks to that. I think it really depends upon what you are selling.