Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Talking need some income ideas

Hello! I'm looking for some income making ideas. I don't have any money for start ups and paying for monthly websites. I'm not a home party or event type person. My husband pays all the bills and I need something to make money to help support our daughter. Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

I don't know except to find stuff to sell on Ebay maybe.

I have done other stuff online that wasn't mlm, parties or network marketing, but unless you know something about SEO, keyword research, setting up blogs, etc, there is really no 'free' way to make any decent amount of money online.

There's a bunch of hype out there on how you can 'make money overnight' but THOSE people make THEIR money when you buy their product or program!

I see you have some kind of business in your siggy, and I personally believe that once you find that perfect fit for you, in a business, where you find that 'something' that you can be passionate about, it literally sells itself.

Cheers on your search!
Old 02-22-2014, 05:39 PM
WAHM Master

If you are looking for " extra " money you could also work MTurk . If you are a writer I would suggest checking out that folder. Of course there are lots of phone ..customer service type jobs. Really the best thing to do is search this board and find the jobs that interest you and apply to all of them until you get hired.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:24 AM
WAHM Regular

I have worked in the direct selling business since I was 19 and I cannot count how many times I have heard people say that they do not have the money for startups. Direct Sales is a great market for anyone that has the passion to make an income and a large income.
I started with Amway when I was 19 and made enough income to start up my own business and recently got away from it and joined back with a another great direct sales business because if you want to make money, direct sales will make you money. I have learned many lessons between working for yourself and working to work. Most direct sales businesses allow you to start up between $30 to $500 some more.
A good friend of mine lost his job 2 years ago went a few months just barely making ends meet, he joined a direct sales company with borrowed money and paid it back within that same month and now is living large and just actually recieved what his company calls the $100,000 car bonus this past week.
Many direct sales companies such as mine you pay one up front fee and you get all the tools and websites for free. As long as you have the motivation and determination to see success you will make money. Some companies will even allow you to get your startup fee for free for having a party. My wife does Pink Zebra and we have paid for several startup kits for people for having a party that is large enought to cover the cost of the start up fee.
If you really do not want to join a direct sales business, I would recommend looking at discount stores and selling things on ebay. Many people sell chinese goods on Ebay and make a large profit. To get a better idea look up DS Domination on youtube but I suggest not paying into the company because everything they will teach you, you can learn about it from books, visiting sites like this, and surfing the internet.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise811 View Post
Hello! I'm looking for some income making ideas. I don't have any money for start ups and paying for monthly websites. I'm not a home party or event type person. My husband pays all the bills and I need something to make money to help support our daughter. Any ideas??
Surveys and sites like MTURK, as mentioned above, are good options. I would also suggest checking out Odesk, which is a place you can find work online. This boards sponsor - FlexJobs - has several great options as well.

If you anything about driving traffic online, you could make a good income doing affiliate marketing. It's best if you have your own website, but you could easily use a free website service while you are getting started, like Weebly, Wix, Tumblr, Blogger, or Wordpress.com. These days, you can even make a nice affiliate marketing income with the power social media. Sites like Facebook, GooglePlus, and Twitter are incredibly powerful when you make strong connections and honest recommendations.

I hope some of this info helps! All the best to you...
Old 03-07-2014, 04:32 AM
Registered WAHM

The good thing about internet business is that you can even start the business with no cost. The only thing you need to invest is your time. As you said you don't have money to invest. In my opinion you should start freelancing, if it is not possible for you then you may start a small child care center. Initially you can ask your friends are relatives to leave their children at you home. Later on one you have some money you can easily expand your business. If you do well it is very profitable business.

I hope it will help.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

there are tons of ways to fill your cookie jar online so I'd recommend that you choose something that is of interest to you. here's but a few ideas:

surveys, get paid to sites, mail decoy, mystery shopping (work from home), writing, posting in forums, posting ads for others or yourself, affiliate marketing, cloud- source work, finding a part time job, finding a home business with little or no start up costs, uploading and selling photos, selling on ebay, selling your crafts, other consignment sites, giving physic or tarot card readings virtualbee (data entry), set up an online garage sale, listen and rate music and videos, shopping/merchandising tasks from your smart phone, quicktate (transcribing voice mail) .......
Old 03-24-2014, 08:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise811 View Post
Okay, there's a lady in Austin Tx who found a way, using no money of her own, to sell ad spaces to businesses on a jumbo 9 x 12 postcard! She didn't have a car or money for gas. They'd pretty much lost everything and moved way out in the stix with his parents, staying 3 months in a (non restroom working) trailer! I loved watching her Youtube video, explaining what her family went through and how she made it happen, moving back to Austin and into a house, selling ads spaces with just a cell phone! Another lady (who was on complete pregnancy bed rest) followed her suit and did it all just by email! She doesn't even touch them. She sends the orders directly to a printer who then mails them out to the customers! I was so excited watching the first lady's video and listening to a podcast of the other lady that am looking into doing it, too!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
WAHM Regular

P.S--If you've never received a jumbo postcard in the mail or don't know what they look like...just do a quick search for 9x12 jumbo postcard and see for yourself. There are many people doing them because it is fast becoming a very lucrative business! The key is knowing what to say to business owners and positioning yourself so they say "Yes!"

I don't want to put up links because I don't want to be/get falsely accused of self promotion when I'm simply just trying to help! Good luck!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Default want more info on post card ads

I would like to know more about the lady from Austin who sold ads on a Post Card. Please PM me if you don't mind!