Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Question What Social media Worked the best for you?

I have more followers on twitter then I do my FB page. I need to get more personal yet not too personal. If you know what I mean...more general posts about everyday things. I just wondered what has been a good driving force for your business? I have also done LinkedIn, Google+ page, pinterest...OMG- so, so many...just trying to drum up business and we are not really up for bidding yet. That will be in a week or two but folks can pre-register now. So trying to get that taken care of for anyone who plans on bidding.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

I run several big accounts on different social networks. FB fan pages send the most traffic, without question. They're also easy to grow; several of my pages are over 100K. I've been growing traffic from social networks for perhaps 10 years, but don't hold me to that. Since Yahoo Groups and Myspace, in any case.

But to answer your question . . .

I find Twitter to be the more personal platform for updates. The very nature of it generates this situation: limited word-counts and the general culture of Twitter usage tend to make short, personal posts quite the norm; whereas FB, for instance, is more a culture of informative or viral-intended updates. Indeed, due to several factors, FB and sites like G+ should really be used for more content-rich posts.

Apologies for any typos above: just on my iPad and giving Splashtop a test by connecting to my home office.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 AM
TheWorkAtHomeWife.com

Gaining trust and building an ongoing relationship is definitely more doable on Facebook or Google+. Which to focus on will depend on where your market is at.

I still love Twitter for its ease of use, but it doesn't drive near the traffic (for me) as Facebook.

If you are selling tangible products or DIY/recipes, don't miss out on Pinterest traffic. Not a lot of conversation over here, but it is good traffic for the right industries.

All of that being said, drive these people back to your newsletter sign up as often as possible. Regardless of the social network platform or how many people follow you, not all of them are ever going to see all of your updates. It can fluctuate greatly. Get them into a avenue you own and control so there is no loss of business if a site goes under, changes their algorithm or people start abandoning it for the next new thing.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the input =-) I guess the crazy part of my business is that it can be used by anyone. I want a diverse group of people to bid on 1 day that the following year they have one full 24 hour webpage that is all their own. My goal is to have everyone from the hard working mom, to dedicated dad, single professional and then (crossing fingers) a few celebs that give us a in depth look at their day...not the glam that is a show. I have pinterest and my1day boards (like fashion for a day, cars etc). A few followers there by nothing much. I will keep cracking at it though!!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi,
Twitter works wonderfully for me. I've made some wonderful connections and friends.

Geri Richmond
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Arrow

Hands down Facebook has been my number one business maker on social media platforms, I have a friend who is doing fantastic through LinkedIn
Old 02-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

Instagram works great for my business because we can post pictures when on trips, out to eat at restaurants we got coupons for on our mall, etc. Facebook works well too. I think Facebook in general is kind of dying out a little bit though.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Banned

I love Facebook and the way I can interact with my followers Having a shop on my facebook page is invaluable for helping customers to buy immediately after I post about a special offer too
Old 03-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Miss

Both pinterest and twitter works best for my site. Facebook hasn't been that effective. I believe I am able to drive traffic more from sharing tweets to my followers in twitter as well as posting photos in my pinterest page, where I also have some followers. Also I am gaining more followers in both pinterest and twitter more than in facebook.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:43 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hmmm, worked best?

Despite having more followers on Twitter, I find Facebook and Pinterest work better for me.

IBO introduces me to lots of business people though.

Deb