Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imktdqt810 View Post
And about the FB Event- I have been told by many to stay away from them...far away. LOL
You will do well to listen to that advice!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Here's the key:

- Know your target audience;
- Post updates that appeal;
- Before you begin to grow, fill that wall with content;
- Get a flood of low-quality likes (easy to get)
- The number of likes will then convince high-quality to like
- Encourage sharing, commenting, and liking with updates;
- Set up competitions each month or when you hit a target number of likes;
- To enter competition, fans must like, comment, and share;
- Market your Fan Page the same as any web entity
- Utilize Fiverr for "niche" likes

I could write A LOT more on this subject - have grown several pages to over 100K - but those are some solid things to keep in mind for now. Hope it helps.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:59 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I tried this when I was trying to get likes/followers for my page. It was new, had only a few likes/followers but they were quality ones but I wanted more so I Posted here and on other forums...some people will return the favor some won't. Some people will even like your page first, you return the favor by liking theirs THEN they will unlike yours. haha The things desperate people will do for a "like/follower."
I haven't kept up with the page (will need to start updating) but honestly it's best to get quality followers not people who have no interest in your page but follow you because you followed them. It's the people who are interested in what you have to offer that will comment, like, share your posts. It's those people who will ask their friends to follow you. It's those people who will purchase from you. Those are the type of followers you should focus on getting.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Banned

A Case for Low-Quality

Having grown several FB pages to over 100K, I feel I should make a case for low-quality likes. I'd feel bad if I didn't contribute this, because knowing the information will surely help you out.

Example.

You have a FB page that promotes the doll houses you make. Now, you've been making doll houses for 25 years, every member of your family adores them, and you've been selling them in town for years, never with a single unsatisfied customer. They're awesome, these doll houses.

So what do you do? You make a fan page on FB. You want to go global. Yay!

Two weeks later you have 14 likes; mostly family and friends. This is craziness. You should have 100s of likes. And why? Because you make great doll houses, that's why!

But here's one - just one - of the major problems.

When someone who's interested in buying a doll house finds your page, sees only 14 likes, they assume - wrongly - that the quality of your service is low. Silliness. But that's how the world works. After all, if you had 14,000 likes, surely your products would be better than the gal with 14, right? Wrong but . . . right when we consider potential "likers."

And so . . .

Getting those initial low-quality likes is hugely important. Getting your first 30 likes gets you into analytics, getting some more begins to help you rank better in FB SERPs, and, when high-quality likers arrive, they're more liable to stick.

There are around a dozen really neat tricks to growing FB fan pages. You won't find them talked about, shared on forums, or even whispered in loud bars at 11:24 pm.

This is one of them.

Last edited by MariaThompson; 12-29-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you once again for the great info. I'm up to about 50+ on my fan page....but I need to read up more on the invites button. It's like the same ppl keep showing up and I'm wondering if they are declining or does it just go away for them to "accept" after a certain time frame. I'm slowly getting there and the page will be live soon to begin bidding. That will be the main test to see how many people register to bid. We have a few so far...so that is hopeful!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaThompson View Post
A Case for Low-Quality

Having grown several FB pages to over 100K, I feel I should make a case for low-quality likes. I'd feel bad if I didn't contribute this, because knowing the information will surely help you out.

Example.

You have a FB page that promotes the doll houses you make. Now, you've been making doll houses for 25 years, every member of your family adores them, and you've been selling them in town for years, never with a single unsatisfied customer. They're awesome, these doll houses.

So what do you do? You make a fan page on FB. You want to go global. Yay!

Two weeks later you have 14 likes; mostly family and friends. This is craziness. You should have 100s of likes. And why? Because you make great doll houses, that's why!

But here's one - just one - of the major problems.

When someone who's interested in buying a doll house finds your page, sees only 14 likes, they assume - wrongly - that the quality of your service is low. Silliness. But that's how the world works. After all, if you had 14,000 likes, surely your products would be better than the gal with 14, right? Wrong but . . . right when we consider potential "likers."

And so . . .

Getting those initial low-quality likes is hugely important. Getting your first 30 likes gets you into analytics, getting some more begins to help you rank better in FB SERPs, and, when high-quality likers arrive, they're more liable to stick.

There are around a dozen really neat tricks to growing FB fan pages. You won't find them talked about, shared on forums, or even whispered in loud bars at 11:24 pm.

This is one of them.
That makes soooo much sense! I stopped posting on my fitness FB page because I wasn't getting many likes (just a few friends and family) but definitely need more likes. I'm going to give it another try. Build up likes and then work on getting quality ones.