Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Starting A Business-Best Advertising?

I am in the early stages of starting a joint venture. What do you use as your BEST way of online advertising? I have set up a personal FB acct and a business one, twitter, pinterest, linkedin...what else do you all find as an effective way to advertise?
Once my partner has the website up and running I want to hit the floor running with advertising. I was also going to write up a press release to send out but any good yeahs and nay's on whom to send it to? Thanks...I know you are all a wealth of info!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
WAHM Regular

twitter is free so even if it doesn't work it won't cost you much
you could just tweet three times a day so it won even cost you that much time
Old 11-26-2013, 02:05 PM
WAHM Addict

All of the places you mentioned are good for promoting your business. The main thing is to be very active on those sites. Don't JUST post ads. Grow your online presence too. It is an important part of marketing today.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for the info and suggestions. Not currently being a media social butterfly I know that I will need to do it a few times a day to the different outlets. Thanks!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

It's been awhile since I did any press releases, but just bear in mind that the more duplicate copies of stuff you have floating around on the net, the more Google will bury it for you... You will need to change it up a little if you send it to more than once place.

That's why social media and blogging seems to work great as there is no duplicate content.

Last edited by mountainmom5; 11-28-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: glaring typos! :/
Old 11-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imktdqt810 View Post
I am in the early stages of starting a joint venture. What do you use as your BEST way of online advertising? I have set up a personal FB acct and a business one, twitter, pinterest, linkedin...what else do you all find as an effective way to advertise?
Once my partner has the website up and running I want to hit the floor running with advertising. I was also going to write up a press release to send out but any good yeahs and nay's on whom to send it to? Thanks...I know you are all a wealth of info!!
Kathy, these are all good methods but require some new types of social skills and, anyway, they take time to develop.

You may wish to consider buying high quality, targeted and high converting, leads in the short term to give your business a kickstart and bring some initial money in. This new post on my blog may help point you in the right direction on where to get them from.
The pitfalls of buying (most) MLM/Opportunity Leads
Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thank You All!!

Great advice across the board, thank you for taking the time to share. My goal is to have fun with the advertising, posting, etc rather then making it seem like a challenge to get through each day.
I also read about making a spreadsheet to I can mark off each location for each day so I'm being consistent of what I'm doing and when. LOL
Hope everyone is enjoying their Black Friday and enjoyed their Thanksgiving yesterday!!
Old 11-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Awesome WAHM

Kathy - I need some of your skills! I still have not mastered the spreadsheet art. o.O
Old 11-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Super WAHM

You can also use free advertising boards. They are fun to use and you can also build a list as well. You can place your ad in the category that is best suited for your business so it will be targeted traffic you will be getting. If you would like to start using some just click on Adboardz Effective Advertising in my signature and you will see some.

Last edited by QueenMaa; 11-30-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Place an ad on your car. Doesn't cost much.
Flyers and business cards door to door.