Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for all the feedback. I'm slowly trying to figure things out. I've never had a FB page (personal) before so I don't know how all the tags and timelines work. I'll get there.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Super WAHM

Depends on your goals. I use Twitter, FB, G+, IBO, and write articles. My goal is to get people to the site more than once...and to spend more than 20 seconds LOL.

I had to learn which platform worked best for which ad. Twitter works best for my writing. FB and IBO work best for my WAH business opportunity. The articles I post just have links with them.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:17 AM
WAHM Master

Facebook was a great tool to advertise my business! I have a decal on my truck, I had boards made up to put around town. Then using forums is great too!!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Super WAHM

Check out bookstores and small grocery store (by small I mean not Walmart or Target). They usually have cork boards that you can put an ad on. I take my business cards around once a week.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you all once again for your great wisdom!! I need to still order business cards. My target audience for this project is everyone under the sun. From national to international....so I'm not sure how far my business cards will travel. But good to have to hand out at social occasions. =-)
Old 12-08-2013, 06:51 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I find a 'target market' approach is always more effective than a blanket 'hit the internet in 20 different directions'. It goes back to basic business & marketing principles I was taught many moons ago> it boils down to you getting your message in front of the right people, people interested in what you are selling AND who have the means to buy it. Every available advertising method and/or vehicle just won't be right for what you are selling.

Just like offline advertising, there are many choices online as seen by the responses. So try to think like your customers and find out where online they are likely to be 'hanging' out. THEN see how others are advertising & then do everything in your budget to attract their attention with your message.

And don't rule out offline advertising, even if you are an online company as we are all connected even the small rural farming communities. It's highly likely that there may be interested parties in your own back yard (to speak)

best wishes