Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Definitely have both. A self-hosted WordPress blog to be your main online business front and then multiple social media accounts that can be used to promote your business (facebook, twitter and pinterest would be my main choices, google + would be in my top 4).

The reason for having your own blog as the main part is because you aren't limited in what is allowed to put on there. Social media networks like Facebook have TOS you need to follow so you could be limited in how you want to promote your business. If you have your own site, and only use the social media to create a following and bring them to your business site you won't be hit hard if for any reason the site changes their TOS.

Leslie
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 06:54 PM
WAHM Regular

I have both a blog and FB. Mine are both in the beginning phase of building traffic. Online marketing is not as easy as people make it out to be. But you have to start somewhere.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:38 AM
WAHM Regular

have both and integrate them... more exposure and more traffic and better results !!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Grand WAHM

Yes, I agree with what Angie said..
Both Good luck to you ...

Teresa
Old 06-02-2013, 10:19 AM
WAHM Regular

I do both
Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Face book or blog

FB is the gold standard of social media marketing. Topics are searchable within facecbook and facebook is surpassing google as a search engine. Ideally both but blogs take commitment.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Miss

you can do both. yes. I agree to that. You can start off with facebook and promote your products to your friends and let just snowball do the work. Then you can extend further by creating a website. You can drive traffic from all over the globe with blogging. The beauty with blogging is that it makes you write anything related to what your niche is about and you are able to target keywords that people may be interested about.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Definitely do both - start with a blog, then set up both a FB and Google+ page, as well as a business Pinterest account. LInk between all of them, to drive traffic back and forth.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:57 AM
Banned

I think both, if possible.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Super WAHM

Yes, having a blog can be very rewarding for a business because it helps your customers get to know you and you in turn get to know them. You can share posts about your business but you can also ask your readers questions and find out what they like as well.

Getting involved in social media is important too. Having a twitter, G+ Linkedin and even facebook can be helpful for your business but you want to make sure that you attract your target market which is very important.

Tags
agaricus blazei mushroom, facebook, healthy coffee, vidacup