Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Indecision between 2 home based companies

Hey all! I am lookin for a home based business and I have foubd 2 that I like...Avon and Watkins. But I am completely torn on which one I want to ultimately go with. Does anyone have any advice? Any info would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Thanks
Mia
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Banned

Both of those are wonderful companies to chose from but really it is up to you Avon has really expanded their product line over the years and Watkins has been around for a very long time and has wonderful products too.
Find a supportive contact for each company, ask questions, get a feel of how things work, comp plan, etc. One of them over time will draw you to it. You have to love the products and be passionate about any business in order to succeed. Best wishes and let us know which one you chose!

Alison
Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 PM
WAHM Addict

As Allison said, both Watkins and Avon or great companies with wonderful products. Have you bought lots of products yourself from Avon? How about Watkins? If you totally love one or the other of their products, you may want to choose that one.

Allison's suggestion about finding prospective sponsors in each company is a good one as well. If you cannot decide between the products, decide between the work environment, company reps and management.

Ask lots of questions from reps at both companies.

Good luck with whichever company you choose.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM
WAHM Master

Mia,
Like the other ladies said both great companies. I would go one step further and ask you what you would most want to focus on. Selling that much stuff (from either company) is going to be tough if there is no focus.

So for example, if you love to cook Watkins would be an awesome company where you could blog about cooking AND using their products. That doesn't mean people can't buy the other products you sell with Watkins.

If you are into beauty/clothing/gifts, things like that, you would have an easier time selling Avon. You could have a hip beauty blog where you write about new products, how to apply makeup, things like that.

The best way to be successful these days in Direct Sales is to have your own place on the web (a blog) AND be on social media (Twitter, Facebook page, Tumblr, etc.) so make sure it's OK with both companies to do those things. That would be the deciding factor for me personally
Old 04-11-2013, 03:35 PM
WAHM Regular

It's a "good" dilemma to have though, right? I would encourage you to go with the one whose products you truly love - money aside. That's the way I've approached my business - I truly believe in my brand, and I "walk the walk", and the money is an indirect benefit. It's true what "they" say about doing what you love not being work...so pick the company that you can make a part of your lifestyle.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Theresa Wilkins

Many here have given you good advice and you definitely want to be passionate about the products you sell and perhaps you have a favorite. However you may also want to consider a couple of other things - how many people in your area already sell either of the products? Also, where do they stand in business growth in the business world? The Direct Selling Association's Direct Selling News Global 100 List just came out again. Where are these companies on that list and where were they last year?

Some food for thought.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks

Thank you so much for all the replies! And the DSN list was VERY insightful!! I think Ive made up my mind and I will probably go with Avon. It was #2 on the DSN list for 2012 and Watkins wasnt listed. Its also a cheaper start up cost which is good for me. Cant wait to get started!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

It sounds like you're set to join Avon so an early congrats to you and best wishes on your Avon journey!

Janette
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Theresa Wilkins

Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMurphy View Post
Thank you so much for all the replies! And the DSN list was VERY insightful!! I think Ive made up my mind and I will probably go with Avon. It was #2 on the DSN list for 2012 and Watkins wasnt listed. Its also a cheaper start up cost which is good for me. Cant wait to get started!
Awesome! Congratulations!