Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Self-care Advocate

Default Is Your GPS Broken?

I swear my GPS is broken. Who IS that lady talking and why does she insist on giving me such bad directions? Sheesh…

Human beings have a guidance system, too. It’s an inner voice that tells you what is and is not right.
If we listen, that is.
See, I don’t think our internal GPS is broken, I think we don’t listen to it.

We spend our life trying to figure out how to “get through the day”. We ask others, we consult books and experts, we stumble along, when all the while we ignore the messages of our internal GPS.

Crazy, huh?

Suppose someone said to you that a particular watch was the best one for you to buy. You check the reviews and ask other friends to see what they say.
“Buy it! It’s a great watch!”
So you bought the watch, but found that it was too small for your wrist and the numbers were impossible to read.

Still feel like it was the right watch for you?

Some people discount their own feelings and say, "well, all those reviews said it was a good watch, so it must be true. I’m keeping it."
Now let’s forget the watch…consider all the many choices we face each day and see how often (or how little) you actually tune into your internal GPS for them.

For many of us not very often. Or if we do, it can be very situational.

Why is it that so few of us listen?
Lots of reasons - expectations, approval, learned helplessness, fear, programming- it all causes us to ignore our inner voice of truth. Sometimes the voice is downright screaming and we still ignore it.

It doesn’t need to be that way. Awaken, accept, reframe and release. As this is done, the person learns to listen again and to trust their own GPS. This creates empowering, enlightening, and healthy choices. Back in the driver’s seat, Mario!

Are you are one of those individuals who has lost sight of your direction? Let’s get that GPS back in gear.
Sponsored Links

Tags
counseling, inner child, self help, therapy