Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Default free e book?

I have written and epub a book and im thinking of giving it away for free,actualy its a 3k word short story but im calling it a manifesto. Has anyone ever done this? Do people really download them? Is it better to do a free one first then charge like $.99 for other ebooks? Is there a way to make a profit from the book besides adsense?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritewriter73 View Post
I have written and epub a book and im thinking of giving it away for free,actualy its a 3k word short story but im calling it a manifesto. Has anyone ever done this? Do people really download them? Is it better to do a free one first then charge like $.99 for other ebooks? Is there a way to make a profit from the book besides adsense?

I do believe that giving an ebook or atleast a small ebook of some kind definately helps promote your other products and website. It gives your readers an opportunity to get a taste of what you have to offer and everyone likes free stuff. So you are more likely to get more people to start looking and bringing traffic to your site for the free ebook, once they are there then they can take a look around.

HTH
Old 08-14-2011, 08:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Did you ever think about selling in online through amazon's kindle store or Google's book store?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered WAHM

Default my free ebook

i uploaded and published my free ebook article (its like 3200 words) late saturday night. i have a whopping 20 downloads. hubby says it hasnt been 2 days i need to be patient and get the word out and let it spread. is there a time frame, like 2 weeks or 30 days? how do i get the word out to more people. ack im so frustrated! any advce is appreciated! bernadette The Desperate American a modern manifesto
Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Grand WAHM

I agree with your hubby (OMG did I just say that LOL!) Be patient! Wishing you much success ~Amy
Old 08-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Super WAHM

Hi!

I read a page of your manifesto and I'm intrigued. So I downloaded it to finish reading later. I like it!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Super WAHM

You can break your ebook up into several articles to post to article sites like ezinearticles.com and many others. People who read your articles will click through to your download site and hopefully purchase the ebook. If you have an eBay account, you can sell the ebook there for $.99 or whatever.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered WAHM

Default free ebook

wow it never occured to me to break the whole article itself up. it's already divided into 5 sections and the whole thing is 3200 words. Im just so afraid if I slap a$.99 price tag on it no one will download it. i considered submitting the whole thing to places that buy articles but i just didnt want to lose control over it. how/where would i post just sections with a link? any recommendations?
Old 08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Default free ebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonda_wahm View Post
I do believe that giving an ebook or atleast a small ebook of some kind definately helps promote your other products and website. It gives your readers an opportunity to get a taste of what you have to offer and everyone likes free stuff. So you are more likely to get more people to start looking and bringing traffic to your site for the free ebook, once they are there then they can take a look around.

HTH
well, i want to promote the site but i have nothing to sell except the free ebook lol. and i cant seem to get any ads on the page because i suck at web design/wordpress so i have a bunch of nice emails from google adsense and several affiliates with their codes that I cannot insert and therefore the only thing I am generating is a headache. what do you sell when you have nothing to sell? bernadette
www.thedesperateamerican.com
Old 08-16-2011, 04:15 AM
WAHM Regular

if your ebook is very similar to other ebooks, then better give it for free. Anyway, ebook is a powerful Internet marketing tool.

Tags
adsense, ebook, free, profit