Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

View Poll Results: What would you rather spend money on?
fitness and nutrition classes 7 70.00%
skincare (microdermabrasion skincare products, etc.) 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Help me choose one

I can't decide what would be the best business for me. I love fitness. Always have. I was overweight at one time and managed to lose all of it by eating right and exercising and have kept it off for 15 years.
Same with my skin. Had beautiful skin but suffered from adult acne. It wasn't terrible but it still bothered me. My skin is under control now but I am obsessed with skincare. I see a esthetician every 2 weeks for microdermabrasion and I really love what it's done for my skin.
I want to do something I love (I love both fitness and skincare) but I also want to do something that I can make money off of.
So my question to you is...what would you prefer to pay for: fitness and nutrition classes or skincare (micro, skin care products)? I can only afford to get certified in one of these areas (fitness and nutrition or go to school to be an esthetician).
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 09:34 AM
WAHM Addict

I have always tried to stay active and fit. I'm not an exercise nut, but I believe exercise should definitely be part of everyone's life in one form or another. I have never been terribly overweight, but I do have to work hard to maintain a healthy weight. Over the years, I have taken many fitness classes, although mostly I walk, ride a stationery bike, etc. independently. I have not idea what opportunities exist to earn a good living in the fitness arena.

Skin care products are totally different. I take care of my skin, but the products I use may not work well for you. I don't believe there is any skin care line that is perfect for everyone, and I object greatly to those that advertise their skin care products as though they'll make wrinkles disappear, lift "sagging" skin, etc. (Have you ever noticed how all the TV ads use women in the 30's to demonstrate how well their product works to reduce wrinkles?)

Between the two choices of fitness or skin care, I would definitely choose the fitness route.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Super WAHM

Daily exercise is very important to stay fit and healthy.. Nowadays, more and more method of exercising is available in the net.. So better to be competitive..
Old 06-11-2011, 11:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up

To capitalize on the Baby Boomers either would be a fit. I'm with a skin care company and LOVE it!! Good Luck!!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Administrator

If you love skincare look for a company that has been in business for a long time and has name recognition. It makes the products very simple to sell which in turn is profitable.

Also, some companies sell more than one item, skincare, cosmetics, bath, etc which in turn gives you more flexibility and ease of getting profit.

Whichever you choose, make sure its something you enjoy... then its not a "job" its a "pleasure".

Bonnie
Old 06-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Grand WAHM

Great advice ladies

Well I love to exercise everyday even holidays (lol) so definitely I would lean more toward fitness but.. thats just my preference I would choose what you enjoy more

Like Bonnie said then its not like your working at all nothing is better the making money doing something you love!

Good luck ~Amy Jacobs
Old 06-12-2011, 09:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Follow Your Passion

Dougsmom, you are right to want to find a home business opportunity in an area you love.

In over 10 years of working in the home business industry, I have personally experienced and witnessed both failures and successes, but the overwhelming number of successes I have noted come from people who are doing what they love.

For example, my son actively markets a health food product that fits perfectly with his personal training career. Likewise, my next door neighbor has an obvious passion for fashion and beauty stuff, and she has driven one of those beautiful Mary Kay pink cadillacs for several years.

My passion is online markting, so I focus my efforts in that area and have enjoyed moderate levels of success as I continue to build my multiple streams of online income. It is not always easy, but through all the challenges and obstacles I am able to stick with it because I enjoy it.

As they say, "Do what you love, and the money will follow."
Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Dougsmom, Have you ever given thought to a totally different direction? How do you feel about candles? Or you could sell candles as a second business as they would compliment whichever business you picked. I Love candles so as it was said earlier it's not a job! We sell premium candles, melts and accessories, with a real nice commission. I wish you good luck with whatever business you decide to go with!
eclipsecandleco.com/moore check us out!!!