Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Super WAHM

Default Buying leads is a waste of time and money

I have yet to find anyone who has a good ROI from buying leads. At best, they would breakeven.The people who are really making money are the people selling you the leads lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Super WAHM

i agree.

my mentor said when he started in the network marketing
industry within a year he spent over $7,000 on leads and
never made a sale.

its important to learn how to generate your own leads
Old 06-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

Totally agree! I spent THOUSANDS in two years buying leads and although I did make a few sales, I did not break even. I went deeper and deeper in debt... blushingly deep.

So I think it is worth the time and effort to generate your own leads. ONE lead generated on your own is worth HUNDREDS of bought leads.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 AM
WAHM Regular

I don't agree. You can't just purchase leads from anyone and everyone. Most of the places on the internet do sell bogus leads, but some don't. I use Responsive Data and majon.com for targeted traffic (I'm not an affiliate for either one). Both are the real deal. I wouldn't use them if I didn't make a profit off of their services. Obviously you need the experience talking on the phone. The more people you talk to, the better you get, the more you close. I have two small children and appreciate that I can pay someone to get my leads for me. With as many people as I have been able recruit and sell to using bought leads, it pays for itself. Just thought I'd share!

Last edited by Rya1; 06-07-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Links in post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Awesome WAHM

If you know Jeff Roberti, he made over 70 Millions dollars in this industry. But, he started by calling hundreds and thousands of leads every month non stop. We'll eventually he stopped but at the beginning, that's how he did it. So, point here is some people will succeed and some won't. Also, when you talk to a lead person, sometimes it just a matter of how and what you say to the person to get him excited. Picture this: Have you ever had a conversation with someone over the phone and when you hang up, you said to yourself: that person on the phone seems to have a lot of knowledge and that may be the guy I need to work with. At the end of the day, its how you present yourself.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Super WAHM

Actually, you are buying leads to get more sale to your website.. Of course you don't have to buy some bogus leads, in that way you are really wasting your money.. Some of business owner are buying some quality leads to earn more money but remember, there are also disadvantage of buying leads.. So, I agree and I don't agree.. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:59 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree that buying leads is not a good idea at all. For one, you don't really know wether those leads are dedicated or even interested in what you have to offer. There are far better ways of generating leads who actually want what you have to offer.

Monica
Old 06-03-2011, 03:52 PM
WAHM Regular

If you don't have to rely on anyone but yourself to get leads you are much better off. That's not to say that there are not reliable sources of leads out there, you just have to be selective and know which vendors to trust, which is obviously easier said than done.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailo View Post
I have yet to find anyone who has a good ROI from buying leads. At best, they would breakeven.The people who are really making money are the people selling you the leads lol.
Maybe I am in the wrong places when I tried to buy leads in the past but I have had very terrible results from all sources that I used. I suggest learning internet marketing and mastering a couple strategies only at one set time and learn to generate your own leads and create relationships with other people.

These leads will always be better when they become to a certain extent personal.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Good & bad of buying leads

While there are a lot of crappy lead generating services, there are a few good ones. I've used Responsive Data. Another thing to keep in mind is that no matter how good or weak the lead the lead is, if you don't have the skills to lead them to your offer and close the deal then that's something you need to work on.