Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Help Help Help

Hi

I need help I need extra cash for christmas. Also would like a work at home job but I don't have very experence. I am willing to learn new skills. I was in job training school and my course was office occupation. So I do have some skills but I can't do call services because I don't have a land line phone. So basicaly can do typing jobs and email jobs or even chat jobs.

Last edited by moonstar; 12-04-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi Moonstar,

I've got a few suggestions for you.

1. Try Fiverr.com They pay you for doing ANYTHING for 5 dollars. Similarly, if you want anything done, you can get it done for $5.
2. Freelancing is the next best thing. Try sites like Donanza. Search for any jobs relevant to your skill. My best suggestion for you will be proofreading, copywriting or article writing. Freelancing does make you money but you won't see immediate benefits.
3. Ebay. If you have things to sell. Try Ebay. Selling things on ebay can help you make quick money.
4. Etsy. If you are creative or crafty, this is where you can sell things and make lots of money.

Note that all these methods help you make money but the fastest would be either ebay or Fiverr. Any one of these methods can suit you for long term income. It just depends how much effort you wanna put into it.

Hope that helps

Cheers!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
WAHM Addict

Awww...I know how you feel! Things can be stressful this time of year when you need money.

I suggested to someone the other day that an immidiate way to make money could be Ebay. It has worked for me in the past and even though it is not my work at home job you sound like you need money yesterday. Keep in mind that there are people in areas that wont have the ability to buy the things you can. Find items you already have around the house or Go to a store like Claires accesories and but some of the nicer items they sell 10 for $5. Then re-sell them or anything really that you can find dirt cheap. Just watch your listing fees they will rack up really quickly and you dont want to lose money!

I wish you the best of luck!

Happy Holidays!

Christine
Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
WAHM Addict

Haha B, I missed your post about ebay...I had the screen open to post my reply but was chatting on FB at the same time and our posts crossed! Sorry, you had good advice too!

Happy Holidays!

Christine
Old 12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Hey Christine,

It's alright Hv a great day!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi, where the same problems and i wan't to have an extra earn for this Christmas.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi there you might want to check out the Telecommuting Moms folder there are jobs posted there daily I know you said you don't have experience but never know what might pop up in there!

You could start a home business but that is going to take time and money both. Good luck in your search.

~Linda
Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default It's almost Christmas.....

How about doing Christmassy stuff?

Offer to wrap gifts - for a fee
Offer Housecleaning service for people to get ready for the Holiday visitors
Dog walking
House sitting
baby sitting
Ebay is not a good idea to jump into unless you have experience. If you must, take it slowly
and add up all the costs involved listing fees, final sale fees, paypal fees, shipping fees, cost of wrapping, etc. etc. subtract those from your sale price and see how much you have left, then subtract the cost of the item. The rest (if any) is your profit.

I've got one idea for you, if you pm me I'll share it with you

good luck
martin
Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

Looking for a job to do from home can take some time, plus you have to wait to get paid. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but as far as "quick cash" goes, it may not be your best bet. Long term, though, it's not a bad idea.

I too will have to say that Ebay is a great way of making some immediate cash. Just a few months ago I was wanting to clear all the junk out of the house, and made some extra cash in the process. You really don't need a whole lot of experience to sell on Ebay, but the fees will add up unless you're careful. Make sure you charge enough for shipping as well, or you'll end up losing money. It's not a LOT of money, but it will produce some short term cash.

Etsy is also an option, but it has no where near the buyers Ebay does, so do note you may not sell much if you're just starting out.

There's some other great ideas listed here you can also give a shot!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Super WAHM

Default More ideas...

Here are a few more suggestions:

1) If you have books, CDs, DVDs, Games, etc. to sell, consider Amazon.com Marketplace. It works great and some items pay more than eBay does. Even better -- there's no listing fee. On the negative side -- sometimes it can take a long time to sell, but that depends on how popular that item is and how competitively you price it.

Otherwise, I agree with the eBay suggestion.

2) If you're a bit web savvy, you can get resell rights products (or even better, PLR products) and sell them.

3) Less difficult -- you can look for products that give you 100% instant commission and promote those. You can find a whole treasure trove of them at rapbank.com in all kinds of different niches. You need to join first though, and sign up as an affiliate, but there's no charge for that.

They also have even more items with less commission, i.e., 50%, but on the flip side, there's a much broader range of those. They way they get paid out is alternating between seller and affiliate (i.e., you).

With the first sale, the seller gets all, with the second sale, you get all, and so on back and forth. Payment directly through paypal.

Good luck!

Elisabeth

Tags
help earn money, hiring, resume