Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Registered WAHM

Exclamation I need straight forward information

I am new on here and am looking for work form home. I have looking for years and have done a few that barely generates any money. I need straight foprward names and information about where to go for work at home. I really need help because I need extra income now or things eill get very bad in my life. I am currently taking psychology classes full-time, have two young children by mydelf, and are about to take in my sister who is a new single mommy and her newborn son. She does not have a job. Plus I would like to be able to give my children a great christmas this year, which they have yet to have. Please any advice would be great. key for cash, kgb, and chacha.com have never returned anything to me. I need something that I can make money with not just .5 cents here or there. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Awesome WAHM

There are lots of places hiring for the holiday. You could also check into writing for content sites. At the least you could bring in $500 to $1000 a month as a beginner. There's a link to a free report that can get you started and get you familiar with how things work. If you have any other questions you could PM me.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Christmas is coming.....

Start a home business and sell stuff for the Holidays. Wrap Christmas gifts for a fee.
I find it very rewarding to buy something for $1 and resell if for $3, $4 each.

Other alternatives:

Create a website with a neat product to sell. Websites can be created for no cost, no hosting fees
Get Free business cards at VistaPrint (just pay low shipping charge)
Buy a sample of an unusual product, show it, pass out cards, get orders on website, then buy product
wholesale and deliver to your customer and keep the profit.

pm me for suggestions
martin
Old 10-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Registered WAHM

This sounds tough and you have a lot going on in your life. First, making money online quickly might not be an option for you so I would look offline. Onlline is so competitive that it is almost impossible to start making money over night, unless you have money to spend on PPC or something like that.

Craigslist as always been good to me. If you can find something to sell you can get paid asap. Look into that and start thinking. Also, right now is a good time for you to be reading self help books before you head out the door for school or work. YouTube - Anthony Robbins: The Power Of Clarity And Purpose Watch that video by Tony! This might save you from feeling hopeless, we all can feel that way at times. When things get tough we can become vulnerable or stronger. I was raised by a single mother so I feel your pain. I Would like to point you in the right direction, If you need to talk to someone or need advise about Craigslist please reach me at my personal email address. [email protected]
Old 10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo-movement View Post
This sounds tough and you have a lot going on in your life. First, making money online quickly might not be an option for you so I would look offline. Onlline is so competitive that it is almost impossible to start making money over night, unless you have money to spend on PPC or something like that.
I have to agree with this. Depending on what you want to do online, it can take quite a while to see much income from it.

That said, teh telecommuting folder has jobs posted in it, and you will find people's feedbacks and you can ask questions about jobs you may find online, such as if they are legit.

You may want to look for offline things you can do.. can you clean homes for people? do odd jobs? do you have any other skills that you could use to earn some money?

I know you said your sister has a newborn, but maybe she could also do some of the above?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:46 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Smile

Hi!

I agree that selling some things on Craigslist might be a good option for you. There are many ways to make great money online, but it can take some time and patience. Good luck!

~Karie
Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered WAHM

skcandles: Well, I think there are loads of scams around especially when it come to online work. Do you know how to escape from them?
Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered WAHM

As other posters have said, it takes time and patience to start making money at home. A lot of it. Selling things on ebay or craigslist is the best bet for "right now" money. You can look into selling Avon, Tupperware or Candles. I am in the Candle business and it is so much fun! Plus my house smells good lol! I hope you are able to find something that works well for you!! GL
Old 10-27-2010, 06:31 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Duncan View Post
skcandles: Well, I think there are loads of scams around especially when it come to online work. Do you know how to escape from them?
research the opportunity you are looking into.. google the name of it, ask on a forum like this
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Red face $ now

Hello,

I am new here too! With a home business, you do have to watch out for scams and companies that make you spend a large up-front investment.

Try to find something that excites you and that you're passionate about and believe in.

But, as w/any home business, it does require a certain amount of time to get it going.

I hope that you find what you're looking for. I've recently started my own home business and am working at it part-time.

Internet CEO Moms

Tags
hire, home, home based, information, job