Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Advice for a full-time Student?

Hi! I'm new here so I don't know the site very well. If this should be in a different section please let me know.

I'm a full-time accounting student. I have a previous BA in Anthropology. I'm looking for something that will let me work in my own time. Around here its hard to find weekend work. I have 3 days off a week that I can devote to working. I know its hard to get started so I was wondering if anyone knew of any data entry, research, typist, or transcription jobs. Can someone give me advice on where to look or how to market myself? I have a good raw typing speed and about 97% accuracy. My 10-key needs work but I am practicing. I have good customer service experience (I was in collections for 2 years) but no land line so currently I cannot work those jobs.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
WAHM Regular

are you wanting to stick to those fields specifically? I know of something right off the top of my head that a lot of full time students do well at. I guess it is because they are in school and know so many more people while there. I don't know the specific rules on telling you about what I do in this forum. But I have fun with what I do and it was something I was doing anyway so it takes no more time from me than normal. Being in school can be an advantage or disadvantage in work at home situations. I have always been of the mindset the younger you start a home based business the better you will do. If you want to know more just let me know. But it is not in a clerical field or on the phone or any of that.....

Good Luck in finding several options!

Jennifer aka Coach Red
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

I agree that as a student, some kind of business is so much better than looking for a J.O.B. That is, unless you can find something local that pays decent (retail, food service come to mind. Unless you need cash today, think outside the box of the jobs you listed. Take a little risk, you may get a big reward. At you stage of like, the job is not about what it pays, but about what it makes of you.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Super WAHM

Check out the transcription folder.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default for college students

I have been hearing that people have been making good extra money being a Network Social Promoter.
If you're real good at setting up facebook/my space/my life etc type of accounts with pictures, video, sound, etc. There are a lot of people that are downright dumb when it comes to doing this.

Many people want pages created for them and are willing to pay for the service. Even Businesess will pay to get their company "out there"

martin