Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Relevant links can make Google happy all the time. Spamming is what they most. Thanks for the tips you mentioned about SEO.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 08:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLoca View Post
What a helpful post!
How do you feel about variety in backlinks? I think that one way links inside blog articles are best. But I've been thinking that Google doesn't like blog comments - even CommentLuv - as much as they used to...what do you think? I've been adding Web 2.0 property links and I haven't seen a lot of bang for the buck. Bookmarking is super easy and might be powerful. What's your favorite? I'm trying to optimize my efforts because it's time consuming and I need to steamline.
A variety of backlinks is the goal and the more varied , meaning separate IP's and with different anchor text, the better you will rank in the end.

And never, ever use the same anchor text over and over again when building backlinks otherwise you will be the victim of what is called the Google Bomb. What this means is your site will end up being banned or in the sandbox.

And on another note it is very important to get real links to your site and sites pages links that are NOT spammed links, because, without a doubt, ALL the search engines know they are getting spammed with bot links.

What many people do is go to forum after forum (it is happening here) and post a link to get a backlink, after a while the forum owner decides to clean up the forum and boom your link is gone.

Trust me google, bing, yahoo will punish you when all of a sudden all your links are gone, your site will be marked as a spammer site and you will disappear.

The bottom line is simply provide original, quality content and distribute it every where and you will climb up the serp's, no fuss no muss.

Cheers
Leo
Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoEmery View Post

And never, ever use the same anchor text over and over again when building backlinks otherwise you will be the victim of what is called the Google Bomb. What this means is your site will end up being banned or in the sandbox.
Thanks so much Leo for the awesome tutorial! Lots of great content here! I have a question, what is 'anchor text' that you refer to? Thanks!

: ) Lisa
Old 08-26-2010, 04:05 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkAtHomeLisa View Post
Thanks so much Leo for the awesome tutorial! Lots of great content here! I have a question, what is 'anchor text' that you refer to? Thanks!

I'm not Leo obviously LOL

But anchor text is the wording/text that links to something (website, blog, pdf, etc.) Just like in my signature here on the forum. I use anchor text (which is usually a researched keyword phrase).

Make sense?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Awesome WAHM

How about their Adwords revenue which I think is a lot...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkAtHomeLisa View Post

Hi Lisa, this is anchor text, this is what the html code looks like, so what you do is simply choose the domain URL and the text you want. Only the text will be visible and clickable:

<a href="http://www.yourdomainname.com">Anchor Text or Key Word Phrase</a>

And if you want the link to open up to a new window use this html:

<a href="http://www.yourdomainname.com" target="_blank"> Anchor Text or Keyword Phrase </a>

Cheers
leo

Last edited by LeoEmery; 08-31-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Super WAHM

Great post and lots of useful stuff. I would like to add that getting ranked high in the serps takes time. Usually "lots" of time. So do all the things mentioned but most importantly, be patient.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLoca View Post
I've been adding Web 2.0 property links and I haven't seen a lot of bang for the buck.
Facebook can be very powerful for SEO when done properly. Take a look at these results for Affordable Phoenix SEO. My company is 4th on the list. That's not our website, but our Facebook page.

We also wrote an article just yesterday that talks about the coming changes regarding Web 2.0 and how they will impact search results. There is a beta project underway with Google that will eventually incorporate real time Web 2.0 and social networking updates into regular search results. Act quickly to get your business established in Web 2.0 to be positioned for success in that area.

Tags
google