Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Business Advice and Topics

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyPool View Post
Thanks for your help! I had published one article in ezine articles, so that is good to know that I shouldn't submit it other places. I will head over to the writing folder!
I believe you can submit the articles that was approved by Ezine to another article directory. It will probably won't help you in SEO standpoint (if your trying to get rank). You will get some traffic though...It's best to re-write the original article and submit them but that's not mandatory if your not trying to get rank.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:29 PM
WAHM Regular

That all makes perfect sense! Thanks for the clarification!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:17 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong47 View Post
I believe you can submit the articles that was approved by Ezine to another article directory.
Yes, you certainly can.

You can re-submit them to any/all other article directories you wish. (Apart from "Buzzle", the only well-known one which requires unique, unpublished content.)

Quote:
It will probably won't help you in SEO standpoint (if your trying to get rank).
Article marketers and the Warrior Forum say the opposite: the backlinks all count, and this is a good and reliable way to move up the SERP's.

Quote:
You will get some traffic though...
... but very little, probably, because these syndicated copies go into Google's supplemental index, and don't usually show in the rankings in their own right. (This is what some people, entirely mistakenly, refer to as a "duplicate content penalty" - it isn't a penalty at all, of course). So although their backlinks count and can move your own site (from being linked-back-to in the articles' resource-boxes) up in the SERP's, they can't produce search-engine traffic in their own right, because people can't click on them in the SERP's unless they also separately search the supplemental index (which nobody does apart from competitors researching the market).

Quote:
It's best to re-write the original article and submit them but that's not mandatory if your not trying to get rank.
Again, article marketers and the Warrior Forum say the opposite: if you want to get ranking without traffic from them, there's no advantage at all to re-writing anything; it's only if you want to get additional traffic from them that you need to re-write them to make them "70% original" (there's that word again!).

This all seems logical, doesn't it?

My two friends who do professional article marketing (and one of whom writes teaching guides on the subject) both follow this procedure for all their articles: publish on own site first, wait until indexed there, then submit unedited/unamended to EZA, wait until published there, then mass submit to a group of other article directories (textual changes still not necessary but can be useful to change keywords at this stage).

Here's a list of the top article directories by traffic, page-rank and no-follow/do-follow classifications.

PS - Just an additional thought/reference (and from excellent, professional sources): this post and this post may clarify the issue for anyone imagining that they need to submit only unique, first-time-published content to article directories.

Last edited by Yuliya Mironova; 07-17-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi my name is Leo, and I've been article marketing longer then I care to remember. So here is my 2 cents.

Submitting articles to Article Directories is a passive method of advertising your articles to publishers. Basically you're waiting and hoping someone will find and use your article.

When you send your article to any article directory, your article is just one of 100's or 1000's of new articles that are submitted for the day.

Once your article has disappeared into the inside of the directory, publishers seeking content must be able to drill down into the site to find your article among the thousands of other articles in that article directory.

If you want to take your article marketing to the next level you should be submitting your articles directly to the publishers. Meaning sending every article directly to the website and newsletter publishers most likely to publish your articles.

So instead of being a slave to google and writing for the search engines hoping for that first page ranking for the keywords you picked for your article, you are now writing to the publisher and his/her readers.

Many people use article marketing for SEO. But if you are a slave to the search engines and that is how your writing is directed, all of your hard work can be gone in a flash when the search engines change and do not give your article first page ranking anymore.

Each article you submit to the article directory, your article is put on a new page in that directory. And this new page has no page rank what so every, plus your article is on the same IP address of the article directory so no matter how many article you submit you only have one back link. Only if your article gets placed on different websites will you generate different backlinks.

For me

1) My first objective is to get my article in front of the largest audiences that will buy my product or service.

2) Second I want links on web pages that people actually read, thus gleaning traffic from high traffic 3rd party websites.

3) Getting ranked by the search engines is just a bonus for me.

If I focus on the first 2 goals then my article marketing is always successful, and the goal with all article marketing is to make money.

Regardless of what Google may or may not do with its algorithms my article marketing has never be effected, even when the big google slap happened, the traffic to my sites was not effected in fact it increased.

My article marketing is based on income generation, not what the search engines do. Personally the biggest mistake people make is worrying what the search engines do, who cares what they do.

By satisfying the needs of the publisher, he/she in turn can satisfy the needs of his/her readers by using your content. And if your content is what his/her (the publishers) audience likes your articles can and will be used more and more.

You see when a publisher uses your content the publisher has provided a recommendation to his/her audience about you, saying this content is valuable, you need to read it. You are now becoming an authority for this publisher and his/her audience.

And I would rather be an authority having my article read by a laser targeted readership of a publishers newsletter then just another random article in a massive article directory.

Find publishers that you can submit your article directly to and you will have greater success with your article marketing.

Again just my 2 cents

Cheers
Leo

Last edited by LeoEmery; 07-21-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
WAHM Addict

Welcome to the forum, Leo - and thanks for your insights in this interesting post. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for the welcome, glad to be here.

Cheers
leo
Old 07-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Super WAHM

Leo, I just wanted to say thank you. I found your post to be very interesting and informative. Definitely gave me something to think about. Welcome!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Your welcome, anytime. If I can be of any additional help let me know.

Cheers
Leo