Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Need Help

I am a new scentsy consultant and i can't seem to get my business up and running quite like i thought it was going to. I know scentsy is a great company and they sell tons of product but i need some advise on how to sell. Where to sell. How to go about getting my business out there to where people are interested. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer Bowerman
Independent Scentsy Consultant
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Do you have a website setup? I would suggest setting one up if you dont have one. Self hosted wordpress blogs make great websites and easy to promote sites. You should also use web 2.0 sites like squidoo, hubpages, blogger and wordpress.com.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Thanks

Yes i do have a website set up its easy to use so nobody should have any issues with it. I will definately try the other web sites you suggested. Thanks so much!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Jennifer and congrats on your new business.

It's always hard to start-up a business, but you have a wonderful product with Scentsy.

I would suggest you.
* Host a launch party (does not have to be big - just a few friends/family members).
* My Scentsy rep. sends me a newsletter every month to keep me updated on new warmers and scents.
* Carry sample scents, attatched with your business card, everywhere you go. You NEVER know.
* Make up flyers (if it's allowed by the company) and talk to companies in your area or realtors. Many offices (dental, doctors, vet's offices) can not burn candles. They love warmers and are always looking for ways to scent up the office.
* Include your contact information at the bottom of all your personal emails. This will remind people of what you do.

I thinks that's all I can think of for now. I hope other will chime in and share ideas. Good Luck!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Banned

Hi there!

I can certainly relate because I used to have the same struggles attracting leads too. Is your website a static one or a blog? I would recommend a blog for a lot of reasons which is a bit lengthy to get into on this short post but here are some places that offer great blogging tips (including my blog too ) on my signature.

Daily Blog Tips
Blog Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging - ProBlogger
Copywriting and Content Marketing Strategies | Copyblogger
Internet Marketing and Making Money Online | Dosh Dosh

Focus on two things if you're going to start a blog:

1. Relevant and valuable content
2. Syndication

Think of what you're good at and your areas of knowledge so you can write about those topics. What sort of audience you're looking to attract and offer valuable and relevant content that makes THEM want to check out your blog and connect with you. Think of what attracts you to a particular blog or a website and I'm guessing it's not to read about some biz opportunity spiel or how some company has the best ingredients or highest ORAC value right? . Everybody in network marketing, direct sales make these claims, so aim to provide valuable and relevant content iinstead.

Janette

p.s. don't hesitate to contact me through my blog if you have questions.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Hi newscentsy girl

I'm not with scentsy but with a fragrance bead company. I would suggest that you try to find a small
school/church craft show that allows vendors also. try craftlister to see if there are any in your area.
call the schools and churches to see if they have any upcoming events you can sell at. Don't pay a lot for a booth space and most important, if you have any giveaways like a drawing for a free gift, put a place on the entry where the customer can put their email address. Then just before your next event, you can email those past customers that you will be set up at xxx and if they bring the email with them, you will give them 10% or whatever off any order. Our local Ben Franklin has 2 parking lots and once a year
they have a craft/vendor show/flea market in one lot with a charge of only $5 per "parking space" not only
does it attract customers to your booth, but many times customers will go into the store also. Maybe you can suggest something similar to your local store(s) They sell out spaces every year here.
I always suggest to other vendors that they have a 2nd. line product to sell. Many craft shows book more than one of each vendor type i.e. more than one candle vendor, or jewelry vendor, or even scentsy vendor
so having a more varied product line cant hurt
just my 2 cents. good luck
Old 04-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

For party plan companies I think "in person" selling works best. Some great tips on offline selling have already been posted. Give them a try.

I recommend that your online marketing focus on recruiting.

An online information resource is also a good way to retain customers and encourage them to reorder online. But again... I'd say focus you selling efforts offline, especially initially.

And don't forget to make use of the training and resources offered by your sponsor and company.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Scentsy smells soo good...

You might try looking into affiliate marketing. I didnt catch if scentsy was your own business or not. If it is, affiliate marketing enables others to refer business to you and get a percent of the sale if someone buys from you. Even then, you have to try to recruit people to sell for you.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 AM
TheWorkAtHomeWife.com

I agree with linda and lacandlegirl. For party plans, the majority of sales are offline. Use online for recruiting.

With thousands and thousands of consultants for the same company, it is hard to make yourself the ONE they will order from. Especially when someone wondering around the internet may already know someone personally that is a rep. I'm not sure how your main hub is, but if someone goes to the company's main website and searches for a rep they are directed to someone local to them.

Host an Open House
Get Biz Cards and hand them out, drop them conveniently
Tell everyone what you do

Word of mouth is imperative! Best of luck.

Tags
help in sales