Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Please Help! I NEED to figure this out.

Hello,

I REALLY need to find some type of at home job that is legit and will help me to bring in money to help with our monthly income. Right now, I also have an in-home childcare, but need to fill two spots in order for the income to meet our needs. I am searching for new kiddo's, but have had no luck at all.

I must figure out some other type of WAH job right now to help out with our income. I don't really know what to do though. There seems to be so much out there, but I have no clue what is a scam and what is not.

I am interested in writing, but would have NO CLUE where to even begin with that or what type of experience is needed. I would LOVE to start my own business either in photography or some other type of creative field, but that takes money and I don't have any extra to begin something like that.

I love decorating, books, gift baskets, floral arranging, etc.... I would also love creating cards and stationary or invitations, etc... I know... I need to start my own business. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't know where to begin.

I have to be able to work this business around my childcare, around homeschooling, my family,etc... OH MY! Yes, I am stressing out somewhat, but it is because I am confused and know that I have to do something. I don't want to hurt my family financially because I am not pulling my weight.

Anyone have some sound advice for a great, stable, doable, and secure at home job??? I really need to bring in at least 1500-2000 a month. Now, once I get a couple of more children in my childcare, I won't need that much. I know that may be an unrealistic amount to want to bring in monthly, but that is how it is right now.

Help! PLEASE... legit business ideas only. Thanks so much and everyone have a great day! : )
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Awesome WAHM

Check the Telecommuting Moms folder. there are legitimate WAH jobs posted there.

Writing articles is a good way to earn some money but it takes time to build credibility.

There are also many ways to start a home based business but these also take time and require a certain amount of marketing.

The "freebie trading" link posted above is just an affiliate link to Project Payday which will end up charging you a fee to access WAH jobs that you can usually find for free.

Browse through the folder I mentioned and you should be able to find a job that is flexible and pays hourly. Then you can work on a business in your spare time (if you have any).

This is my best advice as you sound like you need to make money soon, not 6 or more months from now.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Are you considering continuing with keeping children during the day while you get something else up and running? With the kind monthly income you are looking for, I feel that you will need to. With any type of home business, as in any business, it will take time to get the word out that you are open for business.

It sounds like you want to do something on the creative side of a business. I know that there are several companies which do scrap booking. This may be something you would like to look at. You would be able to use your creativity. I am sure there are several moms here at wahm.com doing this type of work. I would suggest that you contact them and see how well they are doing. Ask them about start up cost and how much they spend a month for supplies, parties materials, etc. Remember, you will want to be able to ask questions and get help from any company you decide to partner with. If they are not willing to work with you and get you started the right way for succeeding, find someone who will.

There are home business opportunities which can generate the type of income you are looking for. Contact those offering the opportunity and listen to what they offer. Just because you talk with them does not mean that you have to go with their company. Think of it as, You are interviewing them.

Hope this helps you.

Lynn
Old 03-03-2010, 04:14 PM
WAHM Regular

I at one point researched for a good 18 months to find something online, what i found was that you have to find something with the proper training and support, and in most cases in order to get that there usually is a monthly fee involved, but with my experience in the past the small fees that may be charged are absolutley worth every penny when it comes to proper training, without that a person is running around aimlesly trying to figure out were to start. Also make sure you have a passion for what you are doing, this will be the difference between success and failure. Take Care.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Super WAHM

Well I hope the following above advices has helped. I hope you figure out soon what it is you want to do. Research, Research you can never go wrong with that.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Super WAHM

Here's something you could get started right away, and it's what I'd probably do if I had your artistic talents.

Place ads in your local Craigslist and Backpage (backpage.com, which is also free) and offer to help moms put their scrapbooks together. I'm not into it, but I know scrapbooking was HUGE about a year ago. I just did a Market Samurai search, and there are 69,041 searches a day for scrapbooking. You could also put together some scrapbooking classes. To do an informal class for 3-6 people, you shouldn't have to do much preparation. Just have the women bring their materials, or you could have some materials there.

Gift baskets are another possibility, but I would think there's more competition for that. Wouldn't hurt to throw that in your ad, but make sure it doesn't take focus away from your main offer.

You could run another ad for hand-made cards. Something like "How about a special one-of-a-kind handmade card for that special occasion? " - ok, that's not brilliant writing, but you get the idea. You could even team up with someone who can write little customized poems or quips for the cards (or do it yourself if that's one of your skills).

If you do decide to go ahead with this, in addition to Craigslist and Backpage, you could put a flyer together and post it on bulletin boards. I don't know where you live, but if there's a neighborhood newspaper, you can probably get them to do print a press release.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope it gives you some ideas. Good luck!

-Jan