Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Super WAHM

Default Advice on how to approach

Iím looking for some feed back.

I have a product review blog called No Purchase Required, were I review products, host giveaways, post freebies, and will talk about pretty much all things free. While Brain Storming on new ideas for next year, I thought that I would like to review some direct sales companies and etsy shops, etc.
I thought maybe a whole month of reviewing a direct company every day, reviewing a product from that company, talking about hosting plans (ways to get free products), current deals and promotions, and having a giveaway would be a really neat way to showcase some different direct sales companies.
I was thinking that if I got enough etsy or handmade interest I could do a whole month on them.

My question is how should I approach these companies?
Pretty much the owner would send me a catalog, hosting information, a product to review, and information about joining their company if they wanted that discussed in the review. I would review the product, write a glowing review, and host a giveaway. On my giveaways, I have a mandatory entry which requires a visit to the hosts website. Extra entries for things like placing an order, booking an online show, following the host ofn Facebook or Twitter, or any other suggestions the host has. At the end of the giveaway the host mails the product won or gift card to the winner.

I donít want to spam email this, but I do want to make sure business owners know about this possibility to increase there sales and traffic. And I want to open it up to all companies, not just ones that I have done business with and know about.
I was thinking that the first response from a particular company would get their company featured.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 05:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Reviews and Giveaways

Hi Deane,

Would Clickbank be helpful here?

Just a thought.

Warm Regards

Aaron Riddell
Old 12-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Are you wanting to approach the direct sales companies' corporate offices or independent consultants for the companies?

If it's consultants, perhaps you could use your social networking contacts to find consultants and I'd suggest approaching one person at a time. You could be "referred by" someone you know and if that consultant isn't interested she could refer you to someone she knows. That way it's all a more personal approach.

As an aside.... I'm sure you've heard about the new FTC rules about disclosing when you receive "compensation" (money or product) in exchange for a review so be sure to understand and comply with those guidelines.

And personally, I wouldn't promise a "glowing review;" I would offer honest reviews.

Overall I think it would make a very good blog. Review sites are very popular.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Super WAHM

Many blogs do product reviews. Most companies do this for the advertising. I would contact the direct sales companies. I am networking with mompack.com if you join you will see lots of direct sales people and when you post you might even find a lot of responses on people who would love to have you review them. if you site doesn't get a lot of hits or have a lot of followers, companies are usually going to pass because they only do this for the publicity to their sites. hth