Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Good idea...but think it through a little more or explain it more...for example, when you say one keyword link to your site, what does that mean exactly?

I think I know what you mean, but for those who are not as web savvy and just want a blog, having a keyword link might not mean much...unless you explain it, of course.

I would suggest maybe a more informative approach. It doesn't hurt to be info heavy and educating your online reader. You know, tell them why they want a keyword link back to their site. And maybe offering more than one? - Like a search engine submission type of service? I don't know...just a thought.

Good idea, though. Lots of people definitely need blogs and help with setting them up.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 AM
WAHM Addict

Ooh, I'm sorry not to have responded earlier!

I think it's excellent - clear, attractive, appealing, fast-loading, easy on the eye etc. As well done as we would expect from you.

Just as a little digression, may I mention how nice (and how unusual) it is to see a service priced at $100 rather than $99.95!

I can tell you two things, here (though only one of them is relevant to you):-

(i) if you had had this back in May when I started, I would have been in, rather than deciding to use Typepad instead (not that I dislike Typepad at all, but this service, coming from yourself, would just have tipped the balance in Wordpress's favour, I think)

(ii) There's a huge market out there of WAHM's and many others who want to start blogging but don't know how to do it, and the value you're offering here must attract customers, I think

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Super WAHM

I agree with Yuliya, there are a lot of people out there that need web help and most are going for blogging. but i saw your response regarding the comparison price...perhaps you should mention some sort of comparison. i think what you are offering is a great deal though!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChique View Post
No problem. I hope I've been able give you some inspiration. Let me know if you want any help with the graphic stuffs.
I think I'd like to try a background something like the third link, that starts bright and fades to white. Any pointers on where I can learn to do that simply?

Thanks for the encouragement.

Demetria, thanks for your input.

At the bottom of the front page bullet list there is a link to "read more details." On that page I specify each of the included items. Is the link to that page not prominent enough or are the descriptions on the detail page unclear? Or both? Any suggestions on that?

You bring up a good point I want to address: what else should I include?

I didn't put in search engine submission because, personally, I don't think it adds value. I don't do it myself for my own blogs/sites and haven't for at least a decade. (Do any of you find really value in that?)

What about plugins? As it stands, I'll be installing the following:

Thesis Openhook (a wondrous "hooks" plugin specific to the Thesis theme)
Sociable
Similar Posts
WordPress Online Automated Backup

Although it's not changed yet, I'll also be adding Google XML sitemaps to that list.

I would like to make this feature-packed, but I'm at the edge of the profit margin in both time/expense. Any brainstorming appreciated. You are such a great group!

Last edited by AlisonMSmith; 10-29-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:58 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yulia, thank you for the very kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuliya Mironova View Post
Just as a little digression, may I mention how nice (and how unusual) it is to see a service priced at $100 rather than $99.95!
LOL You know, I'm thrilled that someone actually likes that! Years ago I had a mail-order educational company (for homeschoolers) that I ran until I had my fourth baby and sold it. Everything was priced on the dollar because -- although my degree is in business and I KNOW the psychology of pricing -- it just seems like a lie to me. If it's really $100 I think you should say so, not play mind games with your customers.

It's a tough call, though, so I don't disparage those who do otherwise. Even though we all KNOW that $99.95 is $100 for all intents and purposes, we still FEEL better paying "less." That's not invalid either.

Anyway, you are very kind and I sincerely appreciate it.

Magnifique, that's a good idea. How would you suggest I incorporate a price comparison? I want to keep the home page relatively clean, but I could put it on the details page? Elsewhere? Any ideas on that?

Gotta go. I have an appointment with my potential first client.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hey, I just got my first customer...and I'm not even open yet!

Tags
blogging, blogging help, website