Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
WAHM Regular

I remember when I was looking for the right Home Business,
I had a lot of fears and questions! One of my fears was: “Will I
be able to work from Home and be successful?”

What was your greatest fear in starting a Home Business and how did you
overcome it?
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
Maybe you are still looking: “What are your fears? Fears are good,
as long as you don’t let them cripple you!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 11:53 AM
WAHM Regular

I must say my greatest fear was being unsuccessful. I was afraid of the unknown. I was afraid that I would not be able to make any money trying something new. I was making over $50k on a state trooper salary and now I can put those fears to rest. It's been great. But I did experience some growing pains. I have found that almost all growth has some type of "price tag" associated with it.[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Super WAHM

What an AWESOME topic! I didn't really have the fear of being successful ... I've always had the motto (and taught my children the same thing!) ... you can do anything you set your heart and mind to. If you want it bad enough, work towards your goal ... you will obtain it.

My biggest fear in home based businesses or any work at home opportunity was being scammed - AGAIN! I have lost THOUSANDS of dollars trying everything under the sun! In fact, I wasn't even LOOKING for a work at home opportunity - I had totally given up! In fact, I wasn't even looking any longer when I found the company I am currently with - I kept ignoring the ads that kept popping up, then finally one day, I decided to research the company to find out what was WRONG with it - . I did, in fact, research for two solid weeks!

Anyway ... that was my biggest fear ... being scammed ... because I had already lost so much money ... You would think I would have learned the first time, right? Or maybe even the second time? For SURE after the third one, huh?

and this is why I advise everyone to research the company, team, enroller - everything you can before making a final decision. Yes, there ARE good companies out there ... you just have to really be careful and do your research.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

WOW great question.
I think my biggest fear was that no one would take me seriously. OH isn't she cute in her little apron and Pampered Chef Shirt! They took me so seriously I got a 1200.00 show! WOWOWOW

Old 03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Me greatest fear was how can I do my housework, take care of my son and also be succesful in me business^) I think I have tried that and It' good
Old 03-03-2009, 05:50 PM
WAHM Regular

It seems to me that we all have some level of fear and some things to work through! At least we are all alike in this way! FEAR is a big thing! It can work in our favor or cripple us! We choose! It seems also that when we move forward and face our fear, thatfear leaves. When we move forward and face the fear it doesn't control us anymore! It is just another step in our life to take!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudettem
It seems to me that we all have some level of fear and some things to work through! At least we are all alike in this way! FEAR is a big thing! It can work in our favor or cripple us! We choose! It seems also that when we move forward and face our fear, thatfear leaves. When we move forward and face the fear it doesn't control us anymore! It is just another step in our life to take!

I agree! It's just a matter of taking that first 'baby step' out of our "comfort zones." Once we take that first step ... it's easier to take another ... then another ... and so on!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:08 PM
WAHM Addict

2 fears:

1 was that I would be rejected...ridiculed...shunned...make enemies.
2 that I would be successful in bringing people on board but not have a clue how to develop them into successful leaders

Old 03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Isn't it something that God wired us with a certain amount of FEAR.
Proverbs 1:7 says: "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge"

So don't be afraid of FEAR! Use it to your good! Let itbe your guide but don't let it control you in a negative way!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Perfect...thank you for the Scripture. Makes so much sense...and I can not tell you how many times I have read that very passage and not put that meaning to it. Thank you.

Tags
claudettem, success, training, work from home