Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

<a href="http://www.mywebdesignbiz.com/" target="_blank">http://www.mywebdesignbiz.com/
</A>http://www.lambentimage.com/thankyou.htm

This is the email I received when I contacted them....

The reason for the $99 affiliate fee is to cover our overhead for creating the sites, back office, print designs,etc. Once you have referred 5 clients, we re-imburse the deposit + 50% (one time $150 bonus). It is not refundable once your sites have been set up. Unfortunately we get hundreds ofaffiliate applicationsevery day, and from experience, we know that only about 10% will actually do any work. So so save us money and time, we implemented the $99 deposit.

Hope that clears things up!

I would appreciate your help with this....

Thanks, in advance.

~ Vilma
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 PM

I've never heard of them. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe somebody elsewill have some information about them. Keep looking!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for responding. I have search everywhere &amp; have not found one bad review on them... but then again, I have not found really anything...

I'll keep on looking though.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 AM
California Girl!

It doesn't look "right" to me. They're in the web page design business so they say and their website looks like that? I could've put together a better looking site and I'm no website designer.

use your "gut" instinct...we all have it.

Would you be proud to say you were an affiliate for this program?

Why would they charge you for building you a custom website when you're only an affiliate?

I never heard of such a thing, but that doesn't mean it isn't legitimate. I think this company doesn't know anything about running an affiliate program or they're not a real company.

Just my opinion.

If you want to do affiliate marketing check out Clickbank orCommisson Junction.

Corrisa
Old 06-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks Corrisa....

That's the question I asked myself as well... I am an affiliate for various other companies &amp; never had to pay a dime.

I appreciate your response. I'm actually not going to pursue it anymore... I did find a better affiliate program &amp; I didn't have to pay.

~ Vilma
Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
WAHM Master

Vilma,
I don't know anything about the company however my initial feeling was not positive because they have a fee to be an affiliate. You should not have to put any money down to join a true affiliate program.

If you are looking for web design software to promote, I would recommend XSitePro or the other big one I think it's called SBI, Site Build It.

What exactly are you looking to do?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Sure makes me think twice... I think I would run!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered WAHM

I actually do web design, and I will tell you that the competition is fierce! I actually decided not to pursue it for myself, and I actually do the designs! Mainly because there are so many freebies out here that a person can set up a decent website on Weebly or any other free service, then buy a cheap domain name and forward it to the free one.

I wouldn't have a problem paying an affiliate fee if I actually thought that THEIR site was professional. I don't even see any samples of customer sites. That would be the first thing I would want to see before I promoted someones work.

Not only that, anyone with some basic html skills can download a free template and change the code.

I think it would be worth it if they didn't charge to become an affiliate. Otherwise the only way they are making money is really off of their affiliates.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Super WAHM

For me, $99 is kind of steep to see if it works for me or not. I'm in a free mlm: it's free to join and stay in and upgrade. I'm trying to build a business of like minded people anxious to work, learn and make some money!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Registered WAHM

You ever heard of this program? getting easy cash It a good program I earned well from it follow my signature think about it the income is instant and automatic