Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
WAHM Regular

I usually take a long term approach that provides great natural search results ( i.e. having a page appear prominently in page rankings on search engines for keywords specific to the company I am promoting ).

I build a small landing site, usually about five pages, that provide great info on the products or company without being 'spammy'. Then I take out ads on various sites that have high PR ( page rank ) for content related to my site. I used to use Overtures keyword tool to find the top search phrases that are searched related to my business, but that isnt really active anymore, so I use the free tool at http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/keywords.htmlfor the same thing. For example, if I was promoting Xango I'd put in Xango and see how many searches come up for related phrases like "xango mangosteen", etc, and build some of my content around those words.

Then Isually I do free trial adson sites like www.wampros.com under the company I am promoting so I can get my site spidered by the search engines.That gets my page into the search engine, pluspasses my site "link juice" to help it rank better,but I set a reminder in outlook to tell me to cancel the free trial before it expires. IfI want to take it further, I take out paid ads on other work from home sites to increase my incoming links. the benefit is that over time, my page will build up page rank and hopefully I will get direct search engine traffic for people searching for info on my opportunity, rather than blind ads on craigs list where I'm hoping soeone interested sees it -

I've also used safeleads.com with some success for direct marketing, but I really had to tweak my ads until they were not spammy so that I would get consistent responses.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
WAHM Regular

How do you advertise on craigslist. I thought that was just for jobs...
Old 01-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Registered WAHM

Craigslist is great because you list almost any service or product as long as it's legal

A few sites under the radar getting good google rankings:

propeller.com
hubpages.com
squidoo.com
Scribd.com
aboutus.org
megite.com/discover
socialmarker.com

Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Registered WAHM

Blogs get great results, especially if you backlink from articles, squidoo, stumbleupon and the like.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank You!
Yes, squiddoo is great for rankings! My company had did a couple of
training calls on squidoo.

-Myspace is not ranked in higher ratings like squidoo but it is a great tool
for getting your information out there.
-Facebook has an advertising program that I just started. The price is fair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyDavis
Craigslist is great because you list almost any service or product as long as it's legal

A few sites under the radar getting good google rankings:

propeller.com
hubpages.com
squidoo.com
Scribd.com
aboutus.org
megite.com/discover
socialmarker.com
Edited by: yourbiznow.info
Old 01-29-2008, 06:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello All,

I am somewhat new at IM, and I would like to thank everyone for some great suggestions, I am going to check all of them out!

Also I get quite a bit of traffic from trafficg.com

Thanks again and God Bless,

Linda
Old 01-30-2008, 07:31 PM
WAHM Regular

My favorites are all free advertising methods like blogging, forums posting, social bookmarking, on and off-site SEO (non-reciprocal inbound links building) for long term result.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:59 AM
WAHM Regular

My favorite way to market is to use article marketing. It is free and viral in nature. Just write good content and watch your traffic grow!

Mary T

Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlt23
My favorite way to market is to use article marketing. It is free and viral in nature. Just write good content and watch your traffic grow!

Mary T
Can you give me some tips as to a good place to start with using articles. I'm a newbie at marketing. Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Ezinearticles.com is known to be the best for submitting your articles. Just have a look at some of the topics and get some ideas, then sign up and you're ready to go. That last word just reminded me, goarticles.com is another goodsite. There’s thirteen pages of good information here that will help you. http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=153470Edited by: AlecAce

Closed Thread