Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
WAHM Regular

This topic is giving me some great ideas and inspiration to get this project going.

If anyone has a kid in business that wants to be featured, please let me know. I definitely need some fresh content.

Alison, you must be so proud! Her stuff is fabulous! My dd is interested in design and just did her own business card. She couldn't believe that someone would actually pay to have something like this done, LOL.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Super WAHM

That is a beautiful business card. I'm going to order business cards from VistaPrint for Tyler. He's so excited. But first I have to set up "Tyler's World". I'll post the link once it is set up.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Super WAHM

Ok everyone, Tyler's World is up and running. Take a look: http://2tylersworld.blogspot.com and let me know what you think.

I still need to add the adsense ads, but right now he has a Mineral Girlz Store, General Zlio Store, and Auction Ads. He's so excited. He made his first post today.

Plus I promised I'd order him business cards for handing out to all his friends, but what I didn't tell him is I get lots of free stuff from VistaPrint so he is also getting a T-Shirt, NotePad, StickyNote, Invitations to mail to out of state family, and Stickers (Return address labels without the address.). He'll be thrilled.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:29 AM
WAHM Fanatic

cybermommy, great post. And thanks for looking at Jessica's stuff. I'm so proud of her!

Sincerely, my six kids are SO different. My only dream for them is to be happy, live moral lives, and to serve God and others--however they choose.

Jessica so loves what she does and I'm so thrilled she FOUND that. It combines her love of computers, music, and her creative ability. It's like she took a bit of Sam, a bit of me, the environment in our home, and then added this huge chunk of Pure Jessica, to come out with this amazing person.

Honestly, I have to credit homeschooling for some of that. She had TIME to really delve into what she loved and to develop skills in things she was interested.

workathomemommy, what about Mineral Boyz? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

FWIW, two of my teenagers got great big Mineral Girlz sets from Santa this year. They love them. Did you know Santa has a direct supplier at Mineral Girlz?

Treece, thank you and great site. I'm gonna show it to my kids next week. NICE business card. Mine are SO boring compared to those. I'm not artistic at all, I'm afraid.

Cheryl, he's gonna love that stuff. I just left a comment on his blog.Edited by: BookWhiz.biz
Old 01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
WAHM Regular

very interesting...
Old 01-06-2008, 02:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Alison,you summed it up perfectly :to wish that our children be happy,live moral lives ,to serve God and others,however they choose.
I totally agree with you.
Btw,my son came home yesterday and I showed him Jessica's site.
His reaction?"Wow!"
He loves it
Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Super WAHM

BookWhiz, thank you for leaving a comment. His MiMi left one yesterday too. I just approved them. He'll be so excited when he gets home today and sees that he has comments. Thank you!

I do love the ability to approve comments too. That will help prevent any Cyber Bullying. I really want this to be a positive experience for him.

As for Mineral Boyz - I wish I had something more boy oriented for him, but he does have some girl friends at school too, so I figured it couldn't hurt. No to mention, I put up the ad for Create Your Own Shampoo and that is apropriate and fun for all kids.

As for your "boring" business card, you should try VistaPrint. They have tons of images and photos and all printing is in full color. I absolutely love them.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

My 15 yr old daughter wants to be a professional cake artist. Have you ever seen the"Ace of Cakes" on the Food Channel???

So, we are starting cake decorating classes tonight!!!

We are also looking into purchasing a Bakery that is going out of business here in our town. Let me qualiy that by saying that my mother and I also love to bake and we would love to own this bakery as a Family Business and then hopefully turn it over to my daughter when she is older.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Super WAHM

Hi All,

I posted this inspiring story a little while back and it's a
great fit for this thread.

So for those who missed it http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_post...=502034&KW=

Maybe the young entrepreneurs in these postscould get a special
place to socialize and discuss business right here on the forum...

Regards, Pierre
Old 01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Sheryl, my youngest wants to do the same! She loves that show! She has a cake decorating set and loves to use it. My only concern is that she loves to eat as much as she loves to cook (and so does her mom!)

How cool is that - going to classes together!

Pierre, I loved that story when I first saw it. The truth is that most kids will need an adult to help them along the way. I am hoping to find ways to teach kids business but to also have strong parental involvement.

Treece