Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Breast Cancer Awareness and Support

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Administrator
WAHM Professional

Default Memory Wall

Sadly, not everyone wins the battle with breast cancer.

Memory Wall - This thread is dedicated to posting stories and responses of championing breast cancer, expressing your emotions on your survival, and sharing tips on what helped you kicked cancer to the curb. If you are currently fighting breast cancer, share your story and ask for other's support on the Support and Healing Wishes Wall. If you have already survived breast cancer, share your story, tips, and joy on the http://www.wahm.com/forum/breast-can...]Survival Wall.

Allow me to begin the contributions by posting this poem in honor of my great grandmother.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Dedicated to Olga Guerrero

My mom passed away on December 26, 2000 after her third battle with breast cancer. Her last go round was metastasized breast cancer. Losing her was the hardest, most devastating thing I ever had to go through. She was a single mom so my only parent and my best friend. I miss her everyday. What finally got me through was knowing she wanted me to be happy. Those were some of her last words to me "Be happy." I know she wouldn't want me to remember as she was in those final months because that would take away from the strong woman she was. I'm tearing up right now typing this but I have to wipe away those tears and think of happier times because doing that will honor her.

I love you mommy. Always.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70years1b.jpg (17.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Administrator
WAHM Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Barragan View Post
My mom passed away on December 26, 2000 after her third battle with breast cancer. Her last go round was metastasized breast cancer. Losing her was the hardest, most devastating thing I ever had to go through. She was a single mom so my only parent and my best friend. I miss her everyday. What finally got me through was knowing she wanted me to be happy. Those were some of her last words to me "Be happy." I know she wouldn't want me to remember as she was in those final months because that would take away from the strong woman she was. I'm tearing up right now typing this but I have to wipe away those tears and think of happier times because doing that will honor her.

I am sorry for your loss - thank you for sharing.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:27 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Barragan View Post

We all love our mothers. Feel sorry for your loss. My mom has breast cancer too. Last year that was removed by an operation. She became very week after that. She is still struggling, pray for her.

May god save all our mothers

Last edited by lorah; 10-18-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: removed live link-fake signature
Old 10-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to KariC Send a message via MSN to KariC Send a message via Yahoo to KariC
Default My Mother lost her battle September 9, 2014

My mother, Elaine Koss, lost her battle with breast cancer on September 9, 2014 just past her 83rd birthday (August 8th). We miss her so much. She was an amazing woman and our time with her was way too short. I think of her every day and feel her with us, watching over us. That is all I can say for now as it is still so hard to write about.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Administrator
WAHM Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariC View Post
My mother, Elaine Koss, lost her battle with breast cancer on September 9, 2014 just past her 83rd birthday (August 8th). We miss her so much. She was an amazing woman and our time with her was way too short. I think of her every day and feel her with us, watching over us. That is all I can say for now as it is still so hard to write about.
I am sorry to hear this, but thank you for sharing. My thoughts are with you!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:14 AM
Super WAHM

I am sorry for you loss. will keep them in my prayer.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Super WAHM

It's sad how time starts to tick fast the moment people get breast CA. It's something I am quite afraid of since I am already in my late 20s. I pray to those battling with breast CA, keep pressing on.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:17 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default In Memory of Gina

It was 3 years ago this month that we lost one of our fellow WAHMS from Breast Cancer. She was a lovely woman. Always so positive and helpful. We miss her.

RIP Gina Koinski

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Last edited by cabimom; 01-07-2016 at 10:18 PM.