Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Ava Anderson is closing

Sadly, Ava is closing her doors. Do any of the reps have the reasons why? Shocked to hear this news.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2016, 02:41 PM
WAHM Master

Just heard that myself! WOW I think someone is taking them over but not sure how it will all change????
Sad when companies close.especially for reps who have been with them many years. the only good news is that at least there are other choices out there.

I didn't know much about them, only the name really....

Last edited by DebraFerrie; 01-25-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I do not think they are closing - reorganizing

I read on another site the following:

WARREN – Ava Anderson LLC will close and reopen without the Anderson family that launched the business, the company reported on Monday in an online message to its customers, citing attacks against the company founder and her products.

The family-owned and operated company based in a renovated mill made the announcement on its website. It was accompanied by a message from COO Bob Manny “and the home office management team” that the team will “continue the great products you have experienced over the past six years under a new brand.”

Manny writes, “It is our intention to transfer all the great aspects of the company you currently know, including the in-house products, infrastructure, compensation plan and downline hierarchies.”

Ava Anderson Communications Manager Julie Marrinucci told Providence Business News that the company was victimized by “some unscrupulous vendors who didn’t disclose all of the ingredients in some of our products.”

She said some bloggers “that have an ax to grind” harassed founder Ava Anderson over the issue. It became “kind of a bullying match … that was very upsetting to Ava and her mom.”

Marrinucci said the company remains open and that the leadership team is working to “transition the company … to keep the structure without the Ava Anderson name.”

She could not say whether the leadership team planned to buy out the Anderson family. The company employs several thousand independent consultants who sell more than 90 products in 17 categories. They include home cleaning products, baby care and cosmetics. In 2009, she formed Ava Anderson Non Toxic with her brother, Frohman, and their mother, Kim Anderson.

In the online message, Anderson’s parents report that “our daughter has been under attack, online and in person” and has been “tethered” to social media in an effort to protect the brand and remain responsive to her customers.

“We have tolerated it for years to build this company, but have lost the ability to battle and continue to sustain the barrage daily,” the family wrote. “We know your hearts and believe you would take this same action if your child or family were being treated this way and could no longer function.”

At the same time, in recognizing the transition about to come, the Anderson family encourages customers to check back on the website for more updates.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:48 PM
WAHM Master

oh so sounds like it'll be a new name...maybe new products too.
I'm sure some will leave and some will stay....
Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 PM
WAHM Addict

I saw this on facebook and was shock. I hope the reps have the same success once it changes over.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:18 PM
WAHM Master

I just heard from some friends who had friends with Ava and they are not staying.....not sure why....maybe they liked AVA herself and don't want these new owners/management?
Old 01-26-2016, 06:50 PM
WAHM Fanatic

That's too bad. But hopefully the reps who leave can find another home. There are some really great natural products out there!
Old 01-26-2016, 07:41 PM
Registered WAHM

sad to here!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

It is very sad because I know Ava worked tirelessly to bring about an awareness to the issue of dangers hidden in personal care products.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:56 PM
WAHM Master

wow, there are a ton of articles all over the internet about it. and most people seem to be questioning why she walked away instead of apologizing that she had some bad vendors and will fix the issue. She claims she was bullied...we all know that there's always people online who badmouth over people everywhere! sad but true.
she seemed like a lovely young lady who maybe got in over her head?
I don't know.....
and there's always 3 sides to every story right?