Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:19 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Skin Care Systems... Is there a non-biased review site?

I am looking for a new skin care system and am having a difficult time sorting through the hype. Everyone says their product is the best. I want to find the best products for someone 42 with normal skin (not oily or dry), containing anti-aging properties. I went to a Mary Kay meeting the other night and liked the products, but used to sell Arbonne years ago. I would love to find a non-biased review/comparison of the various product lines.

Anyone know where I might look?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I like Paulaschoice.com because you can look up products by category. I think you are doing the best thing by trying them on your skin. I know that most of the direct selling companies offer samples. If you are concerned about ingredients I would also ask for an ingredients list for the products you try. I think some of the companies ( mine included) list them right on their websites. Others , you will have to ask. I hope you find a system you like, there are so many great ones out there!

Last edited by cabimom; 05-29-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Skin Care system

What was it that you liked / didn't like about Arbonne? I am not a rep of that company, just seeing if what I have might interest you.

Lori
Old 05-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

I agree the reps are naturally going to be biased towards their products but I would try out products and see what works for your skin. I've tried so many over the years and I've stopped asking for testimonials because one product could get rave reviews and it wouldn't work for me. I have to try skin care products to see if it works or not .
Old 05-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Forgot to mention back in the day when I wasn't using a line from a DS company, I love Sephora for the huge range of product options. If you're near a Sprouts, Mother's Market, or Wholefoods, there are a lot of options there too. I'm always browsing those stores to see what's available.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Jordan Essentials

I've been using Jordan Essentials skin care line since 2004. I use the products for normal ski and the Multi-Peptide Firming Serum and Anti-Aging Serum.

I love how my skin feels and looks. And it must be good - people are shocked when I tell them I have a 37-year old son
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree with above posts about trying it for yourself. I like the products I'm using because they are effective and conform to my ideal of non-toxic. I am not as concerned about organic for my facial care line because I don't think it makes a big difference, but I am working on formulating my own DIY skin care for my body which will be organic when possible since I will be making as much of them from scratch as I can.

I use and sell USANA Sense products. All the ingredients are listed on the website. The entire line runs about $180 to buy one set. For me, that is way too much, so I just stick with a couple of things I like the best. I would be happy to help you understand which parts of that system would work best for you if you like.

As far as a site that gives non-biased reviews, it's a bit difficult to find because no site is going to have all products listed, or will review them with the same criteria that you would. Good luck to you.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:07 PM
WAHM Fanatic

One idea is to google "best of" skincare to see some unbiased reviews and top picks. You can also take a look at one of the fashion/style magazines to get an idea of what some of the featured top picks are. Are you looking for a direct sales company that carries skincare or any skincare company? If you are looking for a direct sales company, I am sure you can ask the reps on this forum for a sample and I bet they would send you one
Old 06-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Registered WAHM

Non-biased? Sorry hun, everything these days are biased. Bloggers are paid to do reviews, don't trust them.

I never liked Mary Kay or Avon - too cheap and don't always work. I found a new brand, as I'm always a sucker for skincare. It's called Vain Pursuits, they make natural skincare just for you. They don't sell mass products but they make sure it's personalized. Neat, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsue View Post
I am looking for a new skin care system and am having a difficult time sorting through the hype. Everyone says their product is the best. I want to find the best products for someone 42 with normal skin (not oily or dry), containing anti-aging properties. I went to a Mary Kay meeting the other night and liked the products, but used to sell Arbonne years ago. I would love to find a non-biased review/comparison of the various product lines.

Anyone know where I might look?
Old 06-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

Definitely agree! I've tried products that get all kinds of awards and rave reviews and they did nothing for me. With skin care/make-up, you really have to try for yourself.