Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Question Beauticontrol or Mary Kay

Hello!!

A was a consultant for Bona Clara but the company closed in February. I am looking into joining another beauty company and I wanted some feedback about BC and MK, such as compensation plan, product quality and as a company. Thank you so much for you feedback!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Super WAHM

Smile I vote Beauticontrol!

I vote Beauticontrol! I have been with them for almost 8 years now. I was with Mary Kay several years ago and sold for about 10 years, so I know both companies pretty well.
You can earn up to 55 percent commission on your orders depending on amount ordered. You only have to buy $100 retail every 4 months to stay active.
They have sales all the time and the product are spa quality, and most are gluten free as well.
I quit mary Kay because I could no longer use the products.
Beauticontrol is Texas based and has been in business for many years now. Let me know if I can help any further.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 AM
Registered WAHM

Default BeautiControl

I agree 100%. I've used both products and BeautiControl is the only way to
Go!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:25 AM
WAHM Regular

I think beauticontrol is the better company, as far as pay, company culture and products go. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Awesome WAHM

As an outsider I would pick BC. There are so many MK reps in my area that if I were to do the business, I'd go with BC. Not only that, everybody's online so it's not just local reps but like most people today, they only need to search for a rep online and can buy from anyone. But that said, I think you have to love the products and balance it with the comp plan. Wishing you all the best with whichever one you go with
Old 03-17-2014, 10:00 AM
WAHM Master

I don't know any BC reps and only know 2 MK ones in my area. Online it's different.

I can't give feedback as I've never tried the products of either but all I can add is that I would check with comp plans. If you plan on going into leadership and team building especially. I just learned of a beauty company where leaders must have $1000 in sales monthly...if that's not going to fit into your lifestyle( say you don't do parties or events) then I'd make that something to consider.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:45 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I definitely vote for BeautiControl as well. I love that we focus on the spa and we have such an array of high quality skin care products and body and bath products. I love things that smell good! I am assuming you are already in contact with a consultant, but feel free to PM me if you would like to hear more of my opinion why I like BC over MK. Good luck!!

Last edited by cabimom; 03-30-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:24 PM
WAHM Regular

I am stuck between the two. I have been with both companies. I went back to Mary Kay as a personal use consultant. I like Beauticontrol because of the spa feature, relaxed atmosphere, low amount to remain active and great opportunities for consultants to earn trips regardless of your title. The only problem I have with Beauticontrol is the makeup. As an African American woman, the makeup does not seem to be suitable for our color. That was the main reason I switched back to using Mary Kay products.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 AM
WAHM Fanatic

That's a shame. Have you given them that feedback? Seems like product development should be able to fix that and add better shades for women of color.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I agree with Liz. Give BC some feedback, I'd love it if they had more variety in their foundations! Let them know what areas they are lacking! It's important for them to know. In fact, I am going to a corporate sponsored workshop on Saturday, I am going to mention your story and get some feedback!

Last edited by cabimom; 04-08-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Tags
beauticontrol, mary kay