Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Best skin care products?

What are the best products for aging skin?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 05:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I am in my early 40's and still have trouble with acne so the only thing that I have found that deals well with both pimples and anti aging is Nerium for night cream, White tea firming eye gel from NYR Organic(I am a rep) and the tea tree soap and daytime face products from Lemongrass Spa(I am a rep)

I was just about to post a thread where everyone tells their skincare routine! This was a great start!

I ran out of Nerium and went inactive for a while with Lemongrass Spa and my face suffered while I tried all kinds of other products from Target and other direct sales lines(mainly the ones that are not natural). So happy to start again with them and see my face clear up and brighten/tighten in 3 days! Woot!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:42 PM
WAHM Master

I really don't think there is a "best" as everyone has different skin, and different needs. I actually cringe when I see people write or say " Ours are the best", lol.
because as we all know "best" is completely subjective.

Having said that I use many NYR Organic products and love them and just feel good about using a safe, effective, ethical line. I had been with another skin care company for 10 years prior but wanted to switch to plant based skin creams.

What skin issues do you deal with?Mainly the aging?
I'm in my mid 40's so that is my thing- loss of firmness and wrinkles. I use Frankincense Intense, plus a few serums and oils and Beauty Sleep Concentrate right before bed. My skin looks better than it did a year ago, that's for sure. Just today, someone said I didn't look my age at all and the other day someone said I had "great skin" which made me LOL because I never liked my skin at all and always envied those peaches and cream complexions or people who never break out!

Last edited by DebraFerrie; 03-05-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelscentdemarie View Post
Our skin is very unique and what works well for one person might not work quite as well for another. What are your main concerns? Is it anti-aging? Do you also have dry skin? Oily skin?

Having said that and being an NYR Organic consultant, I have really loved our Frankincense line along with our Beauty Sleep Concentrate and/or our Wild Rose Beauty Elixir. I always felt like I had oily skin, when in fact I now believe my skin is on the drier side, but I was stripping all the oils from my skin with my old harsh cleansers. NYR Organic also allows you to mix and match products to suit your needs. No need to buy a collection unless you choose to do so.

I'm 40 and obviously have noticed my skin doesn't look quite as supple with more fine lines, etc. My skin feels softer and the occasional breakouts occur less often now. Plus our moisturizers, serums and oil really soak into my skin without feeling greasy.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

I agree that there are a lot of great skin care regimens out there! I love the Muscadine20 skin care line as it's an antioxidant skin care - meaning it will not only heal blemishes but is a preventative maintenance kind of thing. lol

The muscadines are LOADED with resveratrol which is one of the best anti-aging 'somethings' we can apply to our skin.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Super WAHM

Arrow Best SkinCare

My Husband and I use #Nerium. We have for almost a year. I actually JUST posted my before and after photo of my forehead on FaceBook today. I'm happy to share. I just pinned my photo to my board on Pinterest if you want to see it. Pin by Susanna Fera on Nerium Before and After Pictures | Pinterest

My husband has actually gotten me customers because people have asked him what he is doing to his skin! He just shows them before and after photos on his iphone. It's too much. I swear guys just know how to keep it simple.

When I first started using the Nerium Night Cream last winter, I noticed that was a little dry. We also have pretty hard water. I just put a little moisturizer over it. Since the day cream came out, that has really helped my skin. I do like a sunscreen do I put a little tinted moisturizer over that.

We are happy campers for sure! Susanna aka "Cosmo"

Last edited by cosmo; 03-05-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
Old 03-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo View Post

My husband has actually gotten me customers because people have asked him what he is doing to his skin! He just shows them before and after photos on his iphone. It's too much. I swear guys just know how to keep it simple.
haha - so true! My hubby does the same and it seems guys are so much easier to just believe something where us ladies tend to be more cynical and ask lots of questions.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello, I agree that skin care products works differently with every skin type. I'm using Oil of Olay moisturizer for so many years now, prior to that I'm using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion but it's quite expensive so I shifted. Both works well with my skin.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:50 AM
WAHM Regular

I also agree each persons skin is different so it's hard to say who has the best and plus I don't know the other companies. I can tell you about lemongrass spa and I can send you samples.
Lemongrass spas items are 97-100% natural freshly handmade product made right here in the USA. Our products are soy, gluten and lactose free and we use absolutely NO harsh chemicals. We are animal cruelty free, no testing on animals. We use organic essential oils and botanicals, food-grade preservatives and natural ingredients. Our items are actually safe enough to eat. We have something for everyone - bath & body, facial care, skin care, spa products, baby care, all natural mineral makeup and even a menís line!
My mom has switched to our skin care line (she's 67) and she's been very happy with the way her skin is now versus what it was like before she switched.

Our skin is our largest organ so you want to make sure your putting safe items on it. If your skincare line has chemicals in it it's actually Helping the aging process, not fighting it.

It would be easiest if I knew your skin type - dry- normal/ sensitive- oily etc. So ill base off normal.
We have the microdermabrasion creme. Use once-twice weekly. Helps with the lines. It's made with volcanic micro crystals in a conditioning creme. It's a gentler alternative to chemical peels. (Don't use if real sensitive)

We have two anti-aging serums.
1. Green tea antioxidant (normal to oily skin) skin feels firmer and silky soft. You use daily. A few drops after cleansing. The green tea helps with texture.
2. Organic anti aging serum (normal dry or sensitive skin - do not use if oily)- this stimulates cellular rejuvination. Use daily to aid in reversing the signs of aging. It's also packed with antioxidants that are absorbed quickly leaving your skin feeling hydrated. (This is what my mom uses now) you use once a day before moisturizer.

Now of course you need your cleanser and moisturizer. We have them for normal skin, dry/sensitive skin and oily skin.

I really hope this helps. Let me know if you would like any more information.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Super WAHM

Smile

Ava Anderson has both an anti-aging serum and anti-aging mask that are toxin-free. (It doesn't make sense to put a product on your skin if it may contain chemicals that will harm you.)

The serum is made with COQ10, a powerful antioxidant. It penetrates skin and helps to rebuild on a cellular level. It resurfaces and smoothes skin.

The mask is clay-based and also contains COQ10. It provides anti-wrinkle benefits and helps revitalize skin. It uses organic honey and aloe, which nourish, soften and soothe skin.

Our cleanser also has an ingredient (organic bearberry) that helps too!

Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelscentdemarie View Post