Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 08:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Default best massage oil

My wife & I helped put a young lady who just got married at our church thru massage therapy school. We had the opportunity to buy her a massage table & we just made a deal on two! Kept one for our selves. I was wondering what makes a good message oil, I would be interested in what you might think is the best? Thanks Pappy
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldcook View Post
My wife & I helped put a young lady who just got married at our church thru massage therapy school. We had the opportunity to buy her a massage table & we just made a deal on two! Kept one for our selves. I was wondering what makes a good message oil, I would be interested in what you might think is the best? Thanks Pappy
Hi Pappy,
Of course I love the Unwind massage oil that my company, Arbonne, has. It's an aromatherapy lotion that is very relaxing and I love the consistency of the oil and how it absorbs.

A number of years ago I took my son to a baby massage class and the massage therapist said to be sure to use oil that DOES NOT contain mineral oil (like regular baby oil) as it coats the skin and then your skin can't respirate properly.

Hope this helps you out

Take care and make it a great day!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Pappy,

I'm a massage therapist, and I LOVE jojoba oil (which is technically not an oil). It doesn't go rancid, doesn't stain sheets, and has a ton of health benefits.

This is my favorite source: The Jojoba Company: USDA-certified 100% Organic and Pesticide-free pure, golden Jojoba

They not only have the best oil, but the site has all sorts of great info about jojoba.

For example:

"At The Jojoba Company, you will never hear us use the O word to describe jojoba. Why? Its a misnomer for jojoba, probably because it looks like an oil at room temperature, but there are important distinctions between jojoba and oils.

First, oils go rancid. Triglycerides in oils break down by oxidation. Jojoba is NOT made up of triglycerides like oils. This fundamental difference is evident when a bottle of jojoba is left in the trunk of a car in Florida all summer, and when the bottle is opened, the jojoba is still completely intact and as good as it was when it was bottled!

Oils also stain sheets, linens, and clothing. Many massage therapists detest oils because the glide oils offer isnt worth replacing sheets and linens all of the time. Rest assured, jojoba will wash out with a hot wash and detergent, and it provides plenty of glide."
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyskincana View Post
Hi Pappy,
Of course I love the Unwind massage oil that my company, Arbonne, has. It's an aromatherapy lotion that is very relaxing and I love the consistency of the oil and how it absorbs.

A number of years ago I took my son to a baby massage class and the massage therapist said to be sure to use oil that DOES NOT contain mineral oil (like regular baby oil) as it coats the skin and then your skin can't respirate properly.

Hope this helps you out

Take care and make it a great day!
Very good info thanks! I will take a look ! Pappy
Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlejan View Post
Hi Pappy,

I'm a massage therapist, and I LOVE jojoba oil (which is technically not an oil). It doesn't go rancid, doesn't stain sheets, and has a ton of health benefits.

This is my favorite source: The Jojoba Company: USDA-certified 100% Organic and Pesticide-free pure, golden Jojoba

They not only have the best oil, but the site has all sorts of great info about jojoba.

For example:

"At The Jojoba Company, you will never hear us use the O word to describe jojoba. Why? Its a misnomer for jojoba, probably because it looks like an oil at room temperature, but there are important distinctions between jojoba and oils.

First, oils go rancid. Triglycerides in oils break down by oxidation. Jojoba is NOT made up of triglycerides like oils. This fundamental difference is evident when a bottle of jojoba is left in the trunk of a car in Florida all summer, and when the bottle is opened, the jojoba is still completely intact and as good as it was when it was bottled!

Oils also stain sheets, linens, and clothing. Many massage therapists detest oils because the glide oils offer isnt worth replacing sheets and linens all of the time. Rest assured, jojoba will wash out with a hot wash and detergent, and it provides plenty of glide."
Wow great info, Thanks so much for sharing, cant wait to try some! Especially like the idea of stable non rancid non oxidizing non oil for clothing & linens! I appreciate learn about this product & will order from the site! Thanks again!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 AM
WAHM Master

Hi, I'm also a massage therapist. I actually prefer lotion. However, when I want something with more of an oil type feel I love the exact same Jojoba that Jan does (they're a GREAT company and have been around a long time) as well as grapeseed oil. If you use oil, pretty much any pure oil (almond, coconut, olive, etc) that you would put in your mouth will also work on the body. You can add your own essential oils to it if you want.

What a wonderful thing you did for this young lady! I'm sure she will improve the health & well being of many and we sure need more of that these days! Take care!

(Waving hi to Jan...Nice to see a fellow LMT here!)

Jenn
Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Ladies I thank you all it seems I have been given very good information from you all & have a better understanding about good massage products! Thank you all for sharing &
Blessings to you all!

Pappy
Old 12-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Banned

Default Oil

I suggest you olive oil ,it is the best oil for both skin and hair,it gives a natural shine,I hope you like my suggestion.....

SalonBranding Company

Closed Thread

Tags
back rub, massage, massage oils, oils