Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Spa Party

Does anyone do spa parties? If so, do women like washing and moisturizing their faces or do they prefer to not mess up their makeup.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I did spa parties for 5 years. Most were OK with it but a few didn't want to remove their makeup. I always let them know they could sample our spa quality facial products on their face or try it on the back of their hand if they felt more comfortable with that. Most did the facial but a few would use their hand. If they use their hand have them compare the two when they are done - they always get a kick out of how much softer/hydrated the "facial" hand is. I think most of them wanted to put the repair products on their face to try them out so they were game.

Amanda
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for the feedback Amanda. I am going to try the different spas that the company offers but might change of few of the demo's depending on the hostess.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:06 AM
WAHM Fanatic

In the good ol' days.....

One option was to let them try the face products from the cheekbones down - leaving their eye makeup untouched.

They also could see and feel the difference between their forehead & the rest of their face.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:21 AM
WAHM Regular

I think it sort of depends on if you are focusing on skin care and make up or other treatments for hands and feet. When I was with BC we used to do the skin care on the back of our hands and do a makeup look just on the hostess.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:49 AM
WAHM Addict

Most of my spa parties are the soaking your feet and pampering hands kind. I've found most don't want to take their makeup off. HTH!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:09 PM
WAHM Regular

I found the same thing as Amanda. Most would take off makeup & test on faces, a few would do the back of the hand. I always said I needed to tell people to come in their jammies & be ready for bed by the time they left!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Super WAHM

When I hear Spa Party, I too think soaking your feet.
When I do them, I add marbles to the bottom of each container, and add warm water, and one of our spa products (MK). I give each guest a little gift in a gift bag that includes a razor and a nail file. I have candles lit, soothing music, and sometimes with have a local message therapist come. She'll give 15 minute chair messages. We do charge $5 each for her service. It's a lot of fun!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am preparing for my NYR Organic Spa (Purely Perfect Skincare) on Saturday. NYR provides all the products with the Business Kit and the steps for the Spa mapped out with a script so I do not have to think of what to do.

I loved hearing everyone's Spa experience. I think I am going to enjoy doing these.

I will update soon!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Did It!

I just completed my first spa party for NYR Organic! The guests were pleasantly surprised that we were not just trying samples at a table, but that each women had a mini-facial with the addition of the warm lavender essential oil infused wash towel. The response to the products was very favorable. I loved going through the product line. I enjoyed the structure of the spa party. The structure made a huge difference for me. Also, the women did not mind cleansing, masking toning, and moisturizing their faces.

Now it is time to book more spa parties!

Last edited by udesignit; 09-17-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling