Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:49 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Where did all the folders go?

Is it just my computer or have some of the skin care and cosmetic company folders been deleted?

Jafra
Arbonne-botanical swiss skin care
Senegence
Votre Vu
Bellamora (no loss there (lol!) )

Just wondering.

Last edited by cabimom; 08-14-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Super WAHM

No Cabimom, it's not your computer. Soul purpose is also missing but there hasn't been any recent posts in that folder. But I am not sure about the others. Some of them did have recent posts.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Looks like they're cleaning house.... there's a post in the main "wahm.com announcements" folder that explains how they're proceeding with folders.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 AM
WAHM Addict

Sally~

Can you post a link to that thread? I can't find it...

Thanks as always

cindi
Old 08-17-2011, 02:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahm-com-a...ml#post2811922
Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

I can understand the need to remove threads that are no longer active. It is unfortunate that some threads with only 1 or 2 active reps were removed. I have noticed that when a thread is dedicated to a company after numerous requests from reps that sometimes everyone seems to disappear. It would seem to me that reps would want to post regularly since you never know who may be looking for an opportunity.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The only thing that bothers me about how they "cleaned house" is that the folders had LOADS of good info in them that would help WAHMs make better decisions while on their journey in trying to make money from home.

IOW, those folders were ***good*** for WAHMS... and by nuking them, I think it did the audience a disservice.

That said, until recently (with the Bellamora & BambooPink topics), because this board has such a heavy hand on anything even slightly negative being said.... it really has been impossible for some questions to be answered honestly. And that, also, IMO, doesn't serve the audience well.

It was a shame a few years ago (at least it seems like it) when this forum changed it's look and feel - seems lots of activity dropped off then. This place used to be very busy. And then summers... just being what they are... tend to slow down boards even more. So it's kinda sad (IMO) that they chose now (of all times - just when moms are getting kiddos back in school, ending summer, etc) to nuke so much info off of this board.

Lastly... this site is monetized by ads... which (seems to me) means that more traffic helps to get more people to click on ads, etc. So destroy a bunch of content that was relevant in Google searches (which brings more people here) and it seems that their traffic will just fall even more.

JMO.

Sad to see so much info lost....
Old 08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Awesome WAHM

I was told that if you can gather 5 active reps here on wahm who do the same business they will open a folder. On the bright side it means you are one of a few here on wahm representing your company in an active way!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

I understand that they are cleaning house but I agree with Wootini that the end of summer (when it is typically slower on the board) is not the best time. I was also disappointed that while my company's board was slower recently, it did have active postings in it. It would have been nice in the forums that were active, but seemed slower that they perhaps gave a 'warning.' ie - if this forum does not get more active then it will be removed. I think there are some other forums that don't have that many people, but are more active that they did keep. But they already made their decision - and that's that...
Old 08-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Writely Applied

Please know that consideration was taken into summer and we had reviewed the last year of posting wherever we weren't sure about a forum. Sadly there were many rep folders that have little to no activity. Given the fact that we have requirements in place for five active reps to start a folder it should be expected that we have that many to maintain the forum over time.

The data is not lost and a folder can be reopened when there is interest again.

Thank you for your comments.

Closed Thread