Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Unhappy Heartbroken & need something new. maybe.

My beloved Sensaria is out of business. I know its just a business, but I put a lot of time & effort into. Not to mention it was one of the only things I can use on my super sensitive skin. Here's what I liked:

1. No minimum sales. I'm not talking about being active. I'm just talking about staying around to be a rep.

2. It was local. I'm also in WA state. But for now I'd be happy with made in the USA.

3. I loved it for my ultra sensitive skin.

4. I bought my kit for less than $100 (It might have been $120, but they often went on sale for $99).

5. There were NO monthly fees for websites. You could opt-in for an email program, but I didn't use it.

My upline is researching right now. I may follow, but I may not. I'm kind of on my own here & was the only Sensaria rep that really worked this as a business.

Now here's my next issue. This came at a bad time financially for me personally. It would be easy to say, sink $100 into a new company & go make money...but my husband is really against it. So I got screwed and lost my business. Any advice? I won't lie to him - besides he'd figure it out!

I'm looking at Daisy Blue, Chartreuse, Shaklee, L'Bri, and Beauty Society. If you have any ideas please feel free to let me know. Researching these are so hard when not all the rep info (like fees & kit costs) are online.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Super WAHM

Melissa,

I am so sorry to hear about your business with Sensaria. I went through that same thing earlier this year when the sterling jewelry company I had been with closed their doors due to soaring silver prices. I know how heartbreaking it is.

I was introduced to Jordan Essentials, a growing 11 year-old company based in America's heartland. While it was very different from sterling silver, I have been able to build the kind of business I want because of the flexibility that I have to do varied types of shows - mineral clinics, spa shows, skin care classes, "Spa at Work" and fund raising through our newly revised and easy lotion bar fund raising program.

I hope you will take a look at what Jordan has to offer. I found it to be the right place for me. I'm also offering a little help with start up to Sensaria reps who are looking for something else... I've been there and know what it is like to unexpectedly have to regroup & start over.

1. We have no monthly minimums. You just need to post sales of $100 in a 6 month period to remain active.

2. 100% of our products are MADE IN THE USA!! We are featured on ABC World News Tonight's "Made In America" website. (Some of our specialty raw materials like Dead Sea salts do come from overseas.)

3. We have customer testimonials in our catalog & on our JE FB page in which customers describe how Jordan products have lessened or resolved skin issues like excema, psoriasis and severe dryness. (I met several ladies at JE's conference this past weekend who joined because of the results they had with our products.)

4. We have 4 kit options between $89 & $200 based ib what type of business you would care to run. (I am also helping Sensaria reps with my own extra kit special.)

5. New consultants are given the enhanced JE website free for 3 months to start so that they can check it out. After that, reps can choose to continue with the enhanced website which included an e-newsletter feature for a nominal fee each month. It is not required.

I do hope you will check us out. Whatever you decide, I wish you as much happiness and success with your new venture as I have found since I too was forced to make a big change.

Remember that when God closes a door, He always makes a way for you! I wish you the best & know that there is something amazing waiting for you!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Super WAHM

Hi Melissa,

I am so sorry to hear about your company and I agree with Lois, there is something wonderful out there for you.

I've sent you a PM about Votre Vu and forgot to add that we are getting a customer newsletter added to our back office at no charge starting in the fall.

Best of luck to you as your explore your options!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:44 AM
WAHM Master

Melissa, I'm so very sorry. Years ago, I had a candle company I adored and worked really hard at close while I was in the hospital having my 1st baby. I hate to hear when it happens to others, especially when timing is really awful.

First of all, I will say I use Shaklee's skin care and love it. I don't think you can go wrong there. Also, I ran across another ds company that looked very interesting and am waiting on a makeup order from them. I am not affiliated with them at all and don't plan to be. They have a beauty, skin care & bath line that are all natural. The company is Alex+Von and the product line is called 100% Pure. I don't know the answers to any of your other questions since I'm not looking at the business. If you want info just pm me and I'll give you my rep's info or you can maybe just do a google search. Again, I have not yet tried anything from them, so I can't say I love it or I don't!

All my best to you and all other Sensaria reps.
Jenn
Old 07-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi, Melissa,

I'm so sorry to hear this news, and especially at such a difficult time for you.

Please take a look at Apriori Beauty -
$79 Registration provides you:
~ You own Personalized Corporate Website free for life
~ Apriori Beauty (Mastercard) Automatic Debit Card for Weekly Electronic Commissions Deposits
~ 4 Turn Back Time Capsule Samples - plus training CD's, Consultant workbooks, and tote bag

~ There are no activity or minimum sales requirements

~ You can select the products your would like to purchase to get started - we do have a one time
special of an All-In-One set that is available.

~ We have tremendous marketing freedom

~ Our scientists, and products are made in the USA

~ We have signed the Safe Cosmetics Compact for Cosmetic Safety

~ Clients register for free, no minimum purchase, receive an Apriori Beauty monthly newsletter

~ Consultants can be a Basic "Retail" Consultant or a Residual Income Builder

~ Our products are great for sensitive skin (I have sensitive and very allergic skin - love our products!)

~ We are celebrating our 3 year anniversary in November, having shown close to 200% growth in the
past year alone.

~ Many new products are being formulated for the future

~ Candace Keefe is our CEO with over 20 years VP Product Devel expereience in Direct Sales

~ Wonderful Customer Service Support

~ Many online trainings in your Back Office

~ Our first National Convention is this November in Las Vegas!!

My best wishes in the decisions you will be making and for your future success!
XO Candy
Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Smile So sorry :(

So sorry to hear the news. But remember, the success you had with Sensaria came from within YOU! If you want to continue on with another product, success will come again. You've learned valuable knowledge and skills and that can not be taken away. Use what you know and apply it to something else that you love!

I sell Arbonne products and I love my upline. They are helpful and always there to answer questions and support me. That is something that I always wanted. Find a great upline that will support YOU! Arbonne's incentives make things a group effort. No one is out to take business from anyone and we all help each other reach our goals. We get a 35% commission on clients and a 15% commission on preferred clients. There are also overrides, bonus' and incentives that you get depending on your level. Overrides start at 4% and go up from there. The products are botanically based and they feel and work great.

If I can help you in any way, PM me or you can get more info from my website in my siggy.

Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:58 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi Melissa I was on the forum the other night and was reading about Sensaria going out of business I am very sorry to hear that. I have had that happen to me once to I was in a candle company and they did a complete 180 and started selling other products and that wasn't why I joined them in the first place everything changed and so did I, it was awful to be let down like that.

Sounds like you were doing really well with the company and that always makes things even harder. Hopefully after a little while you will see that everything happens for a reason and it opens a whole new set of doors for you, my hubby was really upset too he loved the candles as much as I did

Good luck in your search and hope you find what your looking for

Blessings
~Linda
Old 07-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Daisy Blue

Hi Melissa,
I am a Daisy Blue consultant and can tell you we have alot of what you liked about Sensaria. I was with The Body Shop At Home for about a year when they closed and I opted for Daisy Blue over Senaria at that time because Daisy Blue offered all natural products - one of the few companies that does. I didn't miss a beat going from one company to the other! Right now the start up kit with Daisy Blue is only $58. Another few dollars for things like foot tubs for our peppermint soaks will put you back in business! Feel free to contact me for more information.

Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaC View Post
My beloved Sensaria is out of business. I know its just a business, but I put a lot of time & effort into. Not to mention it was one of the only things I can use on my super sensitive skin. Here's what I liked:

1. No minimum sales. I'm not talking about being active. I'm just talking about staying around to be a rep.

2. It was local. I'm also in WA state. But for now I'd be happy with made in the USA.

3. I loved it for my ultra sensitive skin.

4. I bought my kit for less than $100 (It might have been $120, but they often went on sale for $99).

5. There were NO monthly fees for websites. You could opt-in for an email program, but I didn't use it.

My upline is researching right now. I may follow, but I may not. I'm kind of on my own here & was the only Sensaria rep that really worked this as a business.

Now here's my next issue. This came at a bad time financially for me personally. It would be easy to say, sink $100 into a new company & go make money...but my husband is really against it. So I got screwed and lost my business. Any advice? I won't lie to him - besides he'd figure it out!

I'm looking at Daisy Blue, Chartreuse, Shaklee, L'Bri, and Beauty Society. If you have any ideas please feel free to let me know. Researching these are so hard when not all the rep info (like fees & kit costs) are online.

Melissa
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 PM
WAHM Master

It's always a challenge to research other businesses, especially after you had one you loved!
If you want to stay in the beauty/body field and like natural based products, Jordan Essentials may be nice for you-did you check them out?

Also I like Lemongrass Spa- GREAT scrubs and such

Shaklee too, and Arbonne

I don't know much of the others mentioned.

GOOD LUCK in your search!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
WAHM Regular

thanks everyone. I'm testing samples this week.

Tags
beauty society, chartreuse, daisy blue, jordan essentials, l'bri, shaklee