Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Default organic, natural, fragrance-free makeup?

I'm looking for an independent distributorship or home party plan for a natural, non-toxic, and hopefully fragrance-free makeup line. I prefer to sell products that I can actually use, and as much as I love Avon, I have a toluene sensitivity that makes it next to impossible to find direct marketed products I can use. Suggestions here would be appreciated, but please don't message me unless I ask you to. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 AM
WAHM Regular

I came to find out what YOU knew! Hahhaha! I'm looking for the same thing. I just signed up with Melaleuca, but have yet to sample any products. They should fit that category.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:24 AM
WAHM Master

I just got some items from a company called 100% Pure. They are sold by a direct sales co called Alex & Von. It's not organic. It is all-natural and the pigments are sourced from fruits, which I thought was interesting. Another line that looks interesting is NYR Organic. It looks like they have more skin care than makeup, but they do have some cosmetics. I use Shaklee skin care (not all natural) and love it, but am experimenting with makeup.

Good luck!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
I just got some items from a company called 100% Pure. They are sold by a direct sales co called Alex & Von. It's not organic. It is all-natural and the pigments are sourced from fruits, which I thought was interesting. Another line that looks interesting is NYR Organic. It looks like they have more skin care than makeup, but they do have some cosmetics. I use Shaklee skin care (not all natural) and love it, but am experimenting with makeup.

Good luck!
I love 100% Pure! I did not know Aelx & Von sells it. I usually buy it from QVC or at the Vitamin Shoppe. Is is cheaper with Alex & Von?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

I recently tried the NYR Organic line, the direct sales division of Neal's Yard Remedies based in England. Neal's Yard Remedies started 30 years ago as a store in Convent Gardens selling natural remedies and skin care. I purchased the Rose skin care collection and was pleasantly surprised with the results. I have used other well known lines and even was a rep for Arbonne. They opened the direct sales channel in the US in 2009. I am considering being a rep for them because the products are amazing.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:26 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandamom View Post
I love 100% Pure! I did not know Aelx & Von sells it. I usually buy it from QVC or at the Vitamin Shoppe. Is is cheaper with Alex & Von?
I had never heard of it until I ran across an Alex & Von rep online. So, not sure how the prices compare. I do know you get free shipping with purchases over $50 and there's a special going on right now, but I can't remember the details. I *think* if you purchase $60+ you get 20% off your entire order, but I'll double check that.

Thanks for the feedback from 100% Pure & NYR Organics!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udesignit View Post
I recently tried the NYR Organic line, the direct sales division of Neal's Yard Remedies based in England. Neal's Yard Remedies started 30 years ago as a store in Convent Gardens selling natural remedies and skin care. I purchased the Rose skin care collection and was pleasantly surprised with the results. I have used other well known lines and even was a rep for Arbonne. They opened the direct sales channel in the US in 2009. I am considering being a rep for them because the products are amazing.
I may give this a try. I went chemical-free ( or low chemical) with my beauty regimen four years ago when pregnant with my son. Beauty and skin-care products are really a passion of mine. I love trying and reviewing new things! Let us know if you decide to sell.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

Leola,
I am attending a opportunity meeting this week which should clarify a few things for me. I will let you know. The company carries over 200 products so there is a lot to choose from.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

Stella:

I checked out the NYR website and I must say that I am intrigued. The ingredients look great andthe prices are reasonable. Right now I spend a small fortune on beauty and personal care items for my family.

Please let me know what you find out and if you start selling as I think I will be your first customer!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadymama View Post
I'm looking for an independent distributorship or home party plan for a natural, non-toxic, and hopefully fragrance-free makeup line. I prefer to sell products that I can actually use, and as much as I love Avon, I have a toluene sensitivity that makes it next to impossible to find direct marketed products I can use. Suggestions here would be appreciated, but please don't message me unless I ask you to. Thanks so much!
dreadymama (and some others who have also posted),
I thought I would chime in as our entire line of products (skin & body care, makeup, spa & detox, and health and wellness products) does not contain toluene. Arbonne's products are not all natural, but are all botanically-based and are a combination of science and nature. The company is very careful about what products they put in (and don't put into) their products. The ingredients are not all organic, but they do use organic whenever possible. If you have any questions feel free to contact me (email is best as I'm not on here but once in awhile).

Take care and make it a great day!