Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Doesn't make sense anymore.Edited by: sunnygrl
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I currently have 8 with a few more ready to go soon. I only started recruiting this year... I dont know why I waited so long to start! My current goal is to reach at least 15 by Dec.
I think the biggest "secret" to recruiting is ask everyone! When you're excited about the amazing opportunity you have to share, know what a difference you can make in another person's life and invite women to join you it starts to happen.
Also don't prejudge anyone. I have one team member who certainly doesn't do it for the extra cash (she has plenty already) but she loves getting out to sharesomething she loves withother women and wants to earn the trips for a fun challange. One team member has been retired for 8 years but decided she loved the skincare and wanted to do something to help her socailize more and grow as a person and I love watching her and supporting her as she takes steps outside her comfort zone and blossoms! You never know if the quiet one in the corner who looks skeptical about these home partybusinesses (me) might just be someone who really wants to give it a try and become a star team member.
Lastly listen more than you talk. Value her as a person first. Find out whatshe wants, what are her dreams, what areher fears about jumping in with both feet. Then let them know how your opportunity can fill those needs if applicapble and what she would need to do toreach her goals.
I'm sure some of the other wonderful ladies on this board will chime in soon to share their tips.

Amanda
Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Amanda, you always sound so super! I bet you are a great leader!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:58 PM
WAHM Regular

I am with a new skincare/bodycare company as of today - but in my previous skincare/cosmetics experience I had 2 recruits (although I wasn't an active recruiter).
I found that honestly is the best policy. Don't inflate the opportunity with unrealistic/uncommon earning potential. Being real is what helps the potential recruit understand if the opportunity is right for them!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Super WAHM

I have a team of 70 people.

Amanda does give great tips and I agree with all that she said above.

I would also add that you'll want to hold a full party schedule. The more parties you have the more people you meet and the more recruits you will have. At your parties, be sure to bring up the recruiting opportunity several times throughout your presentation. I'm sure your company has great tips on how to do this, or post a question here for specific tips from everyone, and also be sure to ask EVERYONE at checkout if they've ever considered doing what you do. If they say definitely not, ask for referrals.

Good luck!!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Super WAHM

My secret to recruiting is this......Try before you buy or sign up. If you have aPASSIONfor our products then i'll be more than happy to offer you the Jafra Opportunity. I have people sign up because they love Jafra. They sign up with me because.....well, they like me LOL
Old 08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
WAHM Addict

I have 2 wonderful recruits right now and am working with a few other people to continue to build my team. I am with Paula and Carla, you must try and love your product line in addition to being honest and not inflating your opportunity! Stick to the facts and offer your opportunity to anyone who shows an interest in what you do!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Super WAHM

I have 4 recruits (3 this month) and I have just adopted an idea from my MUSTANG director.... ....I have all of the products that a new consultant will receive in her "BeautiCase" in BeautiControl skincare bags (I think I have it being a total of 4 skincare bags....). One has the skincare, one has the top selling spa treatments, one has the Microdermabrasion/CBC/Repair and Prevent skincare products, and the other has the makeup set. I explain how the get this and what to do with it....3 types of consultants (Family/Friends, Part time, Mustang Sally). Then I tell them why I joined, because I fell in love with the product! Of course, what I say may always vary! Then this is when their brains are turning and they ask a ton of questions...try it!

Hope this helps!!! Its all about the visual!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I have about70 in my first level and about 100 in my Group going 5 levels deep! Haven't counted in awhile. I kept at it until it became natural and not uncomfortable any more. My first year I had about 10. Its fixing to be my 3rd anniversary and now it just flows. Everyone gets the chance !!
No secret, I have learned to get more NO's to get the Yes's!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Super WAHM

Learned to get more No's to get the Yes's.....Good point!!!!! It's all about sharing!!!!