Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:35 PM
WAHM Master

Default New Leadership Structure

What do you think of the new leadership structure?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I think it's great! It's going to encourage more growth and title advancements.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:17 PM
WAHM Master

I have different feelings about it but I can see how it would encourage more growth and title advancements.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:07 AM
WAHM Master

I'm not with Avon anymore( was 10 years), but I'm curious about the " 20 orders".... what if you only have 8 orders but it equals that amount? then you don't qualify? I used to have some good spending customers but rarely had 20 per campaign. or can you somehow break that up into 20? I have to say, I used to love being a rep and unit leader but when some things changed, it didn't work out for me and I left.

How is this different than what they had in the past that you think it will have more title advancements?
Old 04-13-2014, 07:08 AM
WAHM Master

was just curious, by the way. I'm not coming back to avon or switching companies at all but think it's a great company for women.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:52 PM
WAHM Master

Debra, You have confused me! For a UL now it is $200 personal sales, 3 downline orders, and $1200 team sales.

The only difference between this and what they had is they added two new levels of leadership...Before UL was $200 personal sales, 5 orders, and $1200 unit sales.

Now they added UL+ and National SEUL. To me, I can see where it COULD encourage more title advancements because of the psychological side of it. If someone gets one titled leader under them and they become a UL+ and start earning more money it will most likely motivate them to keep going. Where before it was more of a jump to reach another title.

Last edited by SAHMof2; 04-13-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Administrator

I agree Heather
The extra title will help people when initially starting out to earn FASTER
Bonnie
Old 05-09-2014, 04:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Encourages more title advancements in a couple of ways:

1. With the team order count to achieve UL being lowered to 3, more people will title QUICKER. I remember before I titled and was getting close, there was a campaign where I had my volume requirement but didn't have the order count of 5 (with the old way) so I didn't title that campaign. Under these NEW guidelines, I would have, There have also been times when members on my team were in the same place. Had the volume but was off on the order count by 1.

2. Since people title easier, it it easier to help build UL's on your team. The more titled leaders you have in your 1st gen, the quicker you advance your title to the higher levels of Leadership.

3. That extra step (title) between UL and AUL (the NEW title of UL+) gives a stepping stone of achievement between those two titles, so that the gap between the two doesn't seem so big and hard to reach. They have a goal (TITLE) to shoot for in between. This will help to keep titled leaders motivated and excited for continued advancement.

Debra... regarding your other question regarding order counts. They aren't referring to customer order counts. It refers to 1st generation team member order counts.

I absolutely LOVE the changes. My team is excited about it too. I'm seeing a LOT more leadership activity on my team now. It's VERY exciting!!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM
WAHM Master

I agree with what you said. However I don't focus on the 3 orders because it is slightly unrealistic in my opinion. The ones who I have seen that had the team sales but not the order count was done mostly by their personal sales. And for those who only look at having three a campaign are not going to keep UL status because you have to continue to build for those you will eventually lose (if they place an order in the first place).

I put it simple for my downline. If you want to be comfortable at UL without struggling to keep the title you need between 40-50 reps on your team. Of course your title might be higher than UL with this number of reps but you won't ever have to worry about loosing your UL title as long as you continue to work your Avon business.

FYI: Even though they state in the Jumpstart that candidates and UL get the $25 bonus. If you have made AUL and then drop back down to UL you will not receive those checks anymore. That is what happened to a rep in my district.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:51 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Correct. I don't focus on the 3 orders either. I don't think any leader does, however... like I said, there have been times when someone would have titled sooner with the lower order count (myself included), and under the NEW guidelines, those people will now title faster. I disagree that in the cases when that happens, that it is from personal sales. That hasn't been my experience. In my experience, when that happens it's because they recruited one or more person who was a really good seller.

At any rate, YES they need to keep building, and if you have done as you should by finding out their emotional why, to help keep them motivated toward achieving their dreams, then that isn't a problem. They will keep going. The new title of UL+ that isn't too far off of UL makes them WANT to keep building, because right off they feel it is in reach and it's a stepping stone to AUL. Once they hit UL+, AUL isn't too far off. It's awesome!

The added benefit to the quicker title advancement is also that reps are even more likely to title in time to earn "Jump Start" title advancement bonuses.

As far as the $25 bonuses, those are nice extras in the beginning... but they are just that, extra's intended to give NEW reps a boost in earnings in the BEGINNING while they are learning and growing. If you reach AUL, then don't meet the qualifications and lose it then you won't be eligible to get them again when you get demoted. Why would you? You achieved that higher title, and are no longer new, so you just need to work to get there again so that your earnings increase again.

They also changed the number of campaigns that your title can be at risk before you'll get bumped to the level that you are performing at from 4 to 6. It would actually be kind of hard to lose your title now, LOL. 6 campaigns is 3 FULL months. If you can't do what you need to be performing at title with THAT much time, then you simply aren't trying, and therefore deserve to lose your title.

My suggestion is to focus on the good. With changes that you say you don't like also come good changes... when you look at the whole big picture of how it's come together, it is MUCH better than ever before!

Last edited by kcarpenter; 05-10-2014 at 07:05 AM.