Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:24 AM
Registered WAHM

Default New Rep Need Answers

Iam just now starting to sell Avon and got my kit already and already ordered a bunch of brouchers and bags worth $30. Iam currently unemployed and wanting to do Avon a try till I get a paying job. My question is sooo many people have told me that they are making serious money with Avon. Is it harder to get customers when your employed or unemployed? How long did it take for you guys to get customers they make it seem like they had customers over night with Avon but I need someone to tell me the real truth as far as how long did it take to get their customers and any tips are appreciated. I really want to make so money and already spend money on making lots of goodie bags with candy inside with my Avon card attached. I haven't yet passed them out yet Iam waiting until I get my brochures I ordered. Does anybody here have any great tips for new reps most companies wont let me put books out because it don't have nothing to do with their company. I don't want to spend all my lil money putting effort into this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to Avon and the WAHM forums.

I would recommend to all new reps do not place an early order for brochures and materials. You can contact your DM for extra brochures. Placing an early order places your first campaign in the campaign which your placed that order and you lose your 40% earnings. .

Now to answer your question:

First start with a "Who do You Know" list. This is family (both in and out of town), friends, places you go, organizations you are apart of, and anyone else you know. Once you have made that list then contact everyone on that list. Let them know that you are just starting out and ask for referrals. Make sure you continue to give them a brochure every campaign. However these are the people who care about you the most but they are not going to order from you every campaign so you will need to continue to search for customers. Use the power of three and talk to three people five days a week. Every person you can a brochure make sure they give you their information. Some people are not willing to give you their information so what I do is hand out a free sample to anyone who does give me their information. You can also contact your DM about helping with customer search events. He/She should know what is and is not allowed in your area. One thing I do is go shopping...what I mean by this is go into a store and pretend to shop or if you need something actually shop and talk to people you pass by. This is a good way to use the power of three. However when I do it I have about 10 brochures and 10 samples. I try to get at least 5 to 10 contact information before I leave.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Banned

I use to sell Avon. I would work with offices where there were several women. Makes deliveries alot easier!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Super WAHM

Smile Getting business

Agreeing with TS here. Also, have found a lot of interest in elderly high rises. To get started in these ares alot of times I do 'cold calling' to find interest first. Then drop off books, get invited in, all that good stuff. People will get to know you and ask for a book...but a good idea is to make sure to get THEIR contact information/name/apt # etc. before handing them out.

One of my customers loves fragrances and jewelry, and she's in her late 90's. And just sold a special of a fragrance to another older man who always says "I have no money." Of course, we know that's usually not the case with many, as they buy lots of other stuff such as cigs, etc. LOL

This man couldn't resist the great special on Wild Country fragrance and wanted something for his son as well. You just never know what's going to catch a future customer's eye!

Also found a former Avon rep in this same high rise by seeing a familiar-looking name and knocking. It turned out to be not the person I thought but a former rep! She told me she sold lots of Avon by doing parties and selling lots of Avon's clothing, this was in New Jersey. She said she made out quite well doing this, so I'm batting this around in my brain (starting up parties) as it's a great way to get not only lots of sales, but a nice customer base as well. I'm not a party type of person though and have to definitely get out of my 'comfort zone' for this idea. LOL

One other way to get business: cold calling on the phone into businesses and asking if they have seen an Avon book lately/would like one. Having business cards printed up (there are inexpensive ones online in several areas) and have your website mentioned as well as other contact information you choose to put on them.

It's always nice to 'let your fingers do the walking' and calling people on the phone, which will translate into mean less time/gas spent on running around looking for customers. Hope this helps and congratulations on becoming an Avon rep!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 AM
WAHM Regular

I m also starting to sell Avon for the first time in years. All the information here is so helpful thank you all so much!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:52 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to Avon Tanya and the WAHM forums. If you have a question that you can not find the answer to let us know, we will help in anyway we can.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Super WAHM

Smile Who Do You Know List

Starting your business create a Who Do You Know List. EVERYONE knows at least 50 people!

From those 50 people you will ask each one of them for 3 referrals!

That's 200 people.

Then go out everyday (make this your goal EVERYDAY) and talk to 3 new people. Get their contact information tell them you have a bi-weekly drawing) ask for 3 referrals from each person (tell them you will add their name into the drawing) that's an additional 90 people a month that are now your potential customers/and recruits.

So at the end of your first month you have a potential 290 leads.

Will they all buy or sell for you. NO but just think if half do!

Hope this helps!
Ellen
Old 06-18-2013, 05:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for welcoming me to the wham forums and also the Avon business SAHMof2,
I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with. Well really two questions.
I have a lady that has contacted me for some Avon products, she said that she works for a modeling agency and that the agency would like to order some products for the models. So, I told the lady that she can go to my Avon web site and order the products so that way she can have the products ship directly to her. She then started to explain to me that she is not paying for the Avon its the agency and that I can just give her my information so she can send me a check. So I went and ordered the Avon products for her and they have arrived yesterday. I emailed her two times to let her know that I have the products and she need to get back to me so she can send the payment. She has not contacted me yet???? What should I do? Help

The other question I have is that I' m sending out emails to people from my email list about my Avon products and they have been going to the Avon site and sending me a "contact me" request, So what do I do once I get that request? I have been emailing them back and telling them to go to my Avon site and order the products. Is that what I suppose to do?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Tanya... the modeling agency email is a scam! Return the products to Avon so they can credit your account back. The way the scam works is the money order/cashier check that scammers pay you with is a FAKE, but it is such a good fake that the bank WILL cash it for you. It is not until weeks later when the bank can't get funding for it (because its a fake) that the bank then notifies you and wants their money back that they gave you to cash the fake. By this time, you have already mailed product to the scammer, and you won't be able to return the product to Avon because you shipped it... and you have to repay the bank. DON'T ship her anything! A good rule of thumb to protect yourself against scammers is that if they are not local, then they order from your website or you can not service them.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:16 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Here is a copy and paste of a training email that I have sent to my team on these scams, how to respond and how to protect yourself so that you will never fall victim to a scam:

Hi everyone,

I've had a couple of you ask me recently for advice on how to handle "Contact Me" requests that come in through your website with the subject "I want to order products". Here are some tips for playing it safe so that you will NEVER be scammed:

Be aware that there are some scammers out there, and the ones who are scammers will often send a first contact with a contact me request of "I want to order products". That doesn't mean that EVERYONE that comes in with "I want to order products" is a scam... but often times those contact requests are. This is how I handle these:

Hi <firstname>,

Thank you for choosing me as your Avon Representative. It is my goal to exceed your expectations. If you are local to me, please reply with your address and phone number and I will get a brochure right out to you.

If you are not local to me, then I can only service you through my website. You can shop at my website anytime 24/7, and choose "Direct Delivery" at checkout, and Avon will ship your order directly to you. Here is my website link: AVON Representative KRISTINE LOCKE serving the Pembroke, NH area

Again, thank you for choosing me as your Avon Representative. Have a great day

Kristine Locke

-----------------------------end email message------------

If they are legit, then they WILL either give you an address if they are local so that you can drop the brochure off, or they will shop at your website. If they are NOT legit, they will reply with some story about why they can't shop online ect... and that they will pay by money order or cashier check, and happy to pay extra for you to ship it to them, blah, blah, blah... Don't fall for it.

The way the scam works is that the money order or cashiers check is a FAKE, but it is such a good fake that the bank actually cashes it for you. It is not until WEEKS later, when the bank can't get the funding from the source (because its a fake) that the bank then comes after you to repay what they gave you by cashing the fake. By this point, you have already ordered the product and paid Avon for it, and SHIPPED the product to the scammer. Avon can't refund you because you don't have the product to return, but the bank wants their money that they gave you back.

This is my reply to their story:

I'm sorry <firstname>, but there are so many scams going around with fake money orders and fake cashiers checks, that I have a very strict policy that I will only service a long distance customer through my website only. I can service you through my website, so instead of getting a money order/cashiers check... go to walmart and instead load the money on a pre-paid visa that you can get there, and use that to pay for your "Direct Delivery" order when you place your order online. It will save you a bundle in shipping charges too, because all orders placed online for direct delivery that are over $30 ship FREE! (Under $30 is only $3 in shipping).

Again, thank you for choosing me as your Avon Representative.

Kristine Locke

----------------------------------------end email---------

You don't hear from them again after that, LOL.