WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

bethanne58
10-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm new here..brand new to transcription! I was hoping I could get some advice!

I uploaded the free Express Scribe, and purchased a peddle (foot switch)...however, the free version of Express Scribe does not recognize this particular peddle....There are peddles that would work with the free Express Scribe...or I can purchase the professional version of Express Scribe, which comes with it's own peddle.

Would anyone out there have advice as to which one would be better?

Also, I would like to take lessons. I did look into one online school which was $600...A bit too pricey for someone who is testing the waters right now.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Please be gentle I'm new here. :-)

Rya1
10-08-2019, 05:28 AM
I know a few people may have a different take on it. But for testing the waters I would suggest some of the entry-level companies instead of taking classes. Have you tried to do any transcription yet? That way you aren't out a lot of money if you find out it really isn't for you.

Entry-level companies don't pay the best but they can give you an idea as to if you want to do this. For example, Rev.com isn't very difficult to get on with, and they normally have jobs. They don't pay as well as they use to but it would give you some idea.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1